Chapter 18: Tactics (Part 2)

The sun rests at a medium height, the rays gently shining over the town of Ebott. Group B in Mr. Penske's class approaches a house that looks similar to a fish head. The walls on each side look like fins, with a streak of blood red stretching across the roof. Windows are used for eyes, and the mouth makes the door. Susie looks at her two companions. "Good thing we've got cover for this, right?"

Susie snorts in a teasing manner, and Asriel smiles. "Heh, yeah. But we can't forget about the real science project. We've juggled ideas but haven't decided anything yet." He shrugs. "I thought you liked the flower idea?"

"Flowers are for wimps," she replies.

"Susie, we'll keep losing points if we push off schoolwork like this," Asriel scoffs. 

The purple monster shrugs, feeling slightly annoyed at the nerd of the group. "Relax, it'll be fine."

A robot covered in pink and silver swings open the door

A robot covered in pink and silver swings open the door. His mouth beams with joy, and he poses suddenly with panache in his eyes. "MY DARLINGS! I trust that school went well for you all~."

Susie rolls her eyes and sighs. "Yeah, whatever. Now, could you let us in? We don't have all day."

Mettaton huffs and steps aside. Susie enters first, and Asriel and Frisk follow behind, looking around the house. Out from the doorway in the corner comes Undyne, who holds a huge water bottle in one hand. A white towel covers her shoulders.

"Yo, what's the deal?" Undyne asks.

Mettaton waves at Undyne and lifts his head upward in pride. "Dearest Undyne, I let them in. They are our HONORED GUESTS~. It would be terrible to keep them waiting, wouldn't you agree?"

Undyne shakes her head and scratches behind the fins on the sides of her head. "Man, I thought you were still out of commission."

Mettaton poses dramatically and chuckles. "I was acting, remember?! I barely felt any pain at all!"

Mettaton nods to the trio and struts back to the bedroom. Undyne smiles and walks up to the trio, folding her arms. "'Sup, punks? What brings you here?"

Asriel focuses on Frisk, then Susie. Frisk smiles. "Azzy, you had an idea?"

Asriel takes a step forward. "Undyne, we have some important questions for you. First, is Dr. Alphys doing alright?"

Undyne's eyes widen. Her pupils dance, and she tightly shuts her eyes, collapsing onto the couch behind her. She takes a mighty swig of water. "Crap. You knew, didn't you?"

Undyne grips the water bottle so hard that it cracks. Asriel lowers his head and rubs the back of his neck. "I'm sorry to intrude. My mom was subbing for Alphys today, and well...yeah."

Undyne lifts her head to the ceiling and lets out an "NYAGH" before sighing and taking another sip.

"Um, sorry? Did you hear me?" Asriel asks.