Chapter 26: Victory and DETERMINATION (Part 3)

The sun has begun to fall, the moon has started to rise, and the snow has increased in pace. Within the Dreemurr household, Frisk lies on the couch, covered in a heavy quilt. Right below him is Asriel, his legs crisscrossed as he sits on the floor. He is dressed in a variant of his favorite t-shirt, still sporting green and yellow, but as a poofy, thick sweater. A cup of hot chocolate rests in his hands, the mug colored a festive green, gold, and red.

Frisk tilts his head calmly towards Asriel, casually peering at his brother. "I wonder what the skelebros are up to right now."

Asriel takes a sip from his hot chocolate and shrugs, smiling. "Knowing them, they could be getting into all kinds of trouble, hehe."

Frisk nods and turns his head back to its original position, placing his hands behind his head. "The party will be tonight, right after the Christmas play. I'm excited."

"Me too!" Asriel bleats.

Asriel nods and rests his cup of hot chocolate on his legs. Frisk casually tilts his head towards Asriel again and smiles softly. (My brother is right beside me, and we're still alive. Life is good.)

With a slam of the door, Susie marches firmly into the living room and throws her bag on the ground. "Who's ready to party?"

Frisk rises from his position and sits up on the couch, twisting his body to see Susie

Frisk rises from his position and sits up on the couch, twisting his body to see Susie. She plops down on the floor and rests her head on the wall, placing her hands behind her head. Asriel licks a few marshmallows off the top of his hot chocolate and smiles at Susie as a hot chocolate mustache forms on his mouth. "I am," Asriel excitedly says. "Can't wait!"

He wipes his mouth clean, and Susie nods. "Sweet."

Frisk looks over at Susie, and his smile reappears. "Susie, I'm glad you're here."

Susie tilts her head, and her eye dilates. "Uh...thanks. But what are you saying that for? That's kinda random."

Frisk places his feet on the floor, with his figure now being nearly fully visible. "I really mean it. Remember that surprise right before Thanksgiving?"

Susie's eyes widen, and she smiles genuinely. "Oh, yeah."

"Are you enjoying that surprise so far?" Frisk asks. 

"You bet," Susie admits contently. 

Frisk smiles as Susie lifts her chin towards the ceiling, basking in the living room lights. "So, this is what it's like to be in a real family. I don't wanna get all mushy, but you two are like...my brothers now, I guess. It works, right? That's pretty cool."

Asriel takes another sip of hot chocolate and smiles, warm vibes emitting from his face. "It's alright to be mushy once in a while."

Susie lowers her head and scratches the back of her neck. "Well...yeah, thanks." The hair on her scalp covers her eyes. Her heart is filled with warmth, and her face matches it, but one wouldn't be able to see it if they looked at the top half of her head.