Chapter 11: Allies (Part 2)

The Dreemurrs and Susie meet at the lobby. She turns around to face them, arms crossed, and smirks. "You showed up on time", Susie says.

Frisk bites his lip; Asriel looks at him worryingly. Susie sighs and stares out the window again. Frisk looks up at Susie as her eyes burrow into the parking lot below. "What's the color of your mom's car?"

"It's a purple van with eight seats," the ambassador replies. 

"Oh, so she's here. C'mon, let's move," Susie commands. 

The trio trots down the stairs quickly. As Toriel's van pulls up to the side of the curb, she looks out to them and waves. Asriel waves back enthusiastically while Frisk nods at his mom. Frisk then jumps into the van and gestures at Asriel and Susie to follow him into the vehicle.

"Azzy, you're the smallest, so you'll sit in the middle," Frisk says.

Asriel shakes his head and slowly climbs into the center of the row behind the front seats while Susie takes a seat on the right side of the van. He frowns and folds his arms. "Man, it's not fair that I'm older, yet you're still taller than me."

Frisk chuckles. "I'm only taller by an inch or two; nobody can spot the difference. Besides, with your genetics, you'll be the tall one by the time we graduate."

"I guess," Asriel groans. 

Toriel's bright ruby eyes sparkle, and her head fills with warmth. "Hello, my children. I see you've brought a new friend of yours!"

Asriel smiles at his mother. "Yes! She's tough but cool."

Susie smirks and gently leans her head back to stare at Toriel. "'Sup, Mrs. D?"

Toriel grumbles under her breath but then lets herself relax. She gently turns her head towards Susie, and her eyes slightly dilate. "And what might your name be?"

"Susie."

Toriel's smile increases, and the sun's light reflects off her face. "What a wonderful name! I'm also happy that you're joining us today."

Susie chuckles, snorts, and turns her head to the right to gaze out the window. "Yup. Gotta work on some dumb project, so I'll tag along and do it with my partners here. Just get it done; the sooner, the better."

Susie clenches the sides of her mouth together tightly as if to hold back laughter. While she stares out the window, head rested on her hand, Asriel looks up at his mother and cheerfully bleats. "I told her about your pie, Mom! Would you make some for us while we work on our science class homework?"

Toriel changes the gear shift from park to drive and begins heading out of the property of the school. "That would be lovely, my child. It will be butterscotch cinnamon pie, if that's alright with you, Susie."

Susie shrugs and smiles slightly. "Heck, why not? I'm game as long as it tastes good."

After 20 minutes of driving, the Dreemurrs and Susie arrive home. They walk into the house, and Frisk points them in the direction of his and Asriel's bedroom. Toriel nods and holds her hands in front of her politely. "Let me know if you need anything, my children. I hope you enjoy your stay, Susie."

Before she rounds the corner, Susie nods at Toriel, and her hair covers her bright yellow eyes. "Sure thing, Mrs. D."

Frisk, Asriel, and Susie enter the bedroom, with Susie locking the door behind them. The Dreemurr bros and Susie sit on opposite beds, and Frisk pulls the notes out of his backpack. Susie folds her fingers together and stares at Frisk and Asriel. Asriel tilts his head and taps on his horn. "Is something the matter, Susie?"