Chapter 17: Battle Against A True Hero (Part 2)

The heroine appears, but her opponent charges first

The heroine appears, but her opponent charges first. Spear and knife collide, the clanging of metal echoing into the night. Muscle against muscle pushes and pulls back and forth. The weapons are released after the deadlock, and a slew of slashes commence.

Kris crosses with his knife, but Undyne blocks. Another swing; block. Undyne stabs with her own spear, but Kris twists backward. The heroine thrusts the spear again and again, but Kris twists and snaps his body every which way to dodge.

The wind is howling. Sweat beats and bleeds from each of their scalps. Teeth grind. Undyne hurls her spear, but Kris dodges again. He moves in with his knife, arm extended high, bringing his limb down like a flashing wind. But Undyne parries with great precision. The fighters separate, and dust from the earth flies up from both. The hero charges first this time, and the weapons connect again.

Undyne's mind races. (Alphys nearly got killed. No, this isn't just for the friends I've made along the way. This is for her and all my loved ones. My family, my pride, and this town are on the line!) She smiles proudly and bravely. (Believe this, Kris...you're going DOWN!)

Undyne twists under another knife slash, backing up. She jumps in the air and hurls three mini-spears at once at Kris' head. He swings, swings, and swings again, blocking each one. He dashes forward and slashes at Undyne's head, but Undyne swishes her armored arm in front of her and blocks. She spins and grabs one of the throwing knives from the ground, placing them into her pocket and seizing the spear with the other hand. 

Kris dodges and goes for a roundhouse kick, but Undyne jumps over the striking leg. Kris backs off and hurls another slash at Undyne, but she blocks again.

Undyne's spear deadlocks with Kris' knife

Undyne's spear deadlocks with Kris' knife. The DETERMINATION of the mighty heroine refuses to die, but the same could be the same for the villain. The clouds separate in the sky, and the moon rises higher as sweat pours from their brows.

The swings cease for a moment. After catching her breath, the heroine lunges on the offensive, carefully pulling a shortened spear from her armor's belt and slashing it at Kris' body. Kris blocks and nods, moving back and charging again. Undyne blocks with the shortened spear again, treating it as her own knife.