Chapter 4: Shift (Part 2)

The party will begin soon. Frisk is lying across from his favorite skeleton friend, Sans, on the side of the road. They watch the clouds pass over their heads and let the sun beam down on them. Frisk sighs deeply, then tilts his head up towards the house while tapping his foot on the ground. "Sans, when am I allowed to enter," he asks.

"Don't worry about that right now. Enjoying the sun, kid?" Sans asks. "Sometimes it's fun to just lie on the sidewalk and do nothing."

Frisk looks back up at the bright blue sky, then gently touches his face. The shade of his face is beginning to turn red, and he quickly removes his hand from his face. Frisk then cheekily looks at Sans. "I guess I don't need sunblock."

Sans winks at Frisk and laughs. "That's the spirit. Doin' nothing's what I do best, and you're getting the hang of it."

After another few minutes, the sun's rays begin to beat down on Frisk's body seriously. They have passed the hottest part of the day by now, which is when they had begun lying on the sidewalk of the street. Frisk then gets up, stretches, and cracks his neck. "Screw it, let's go inside", he retorts. "I can't be out here too much longer. My mom's gonna freak if my hide becomes as bright as a tomato."

Sans takes a look at his watch. He then places his hands back behind his head and smirks up at Frisk. "Eh, sure. Now's a good time. But, could you first help me get up, kid? I don't feel like moving."

Frisk turns around and tilts his head slightly towards Sans. "Are you sure I'm not gonna have a bad time if I help you get up?"

Sans tilts up his head again and looks dead ahead at Frisk. "No, of course not." Sans' eyes then go blank. "You haven't committed any sins."

Frisk looks back at him and silently stares. Then, he winces slightly. "I meant with getting you up from..."

"Nah, I'm just messin' with ya. You're a good kid...now, could you help get me up?" Sans requests.

...

...

Frisk sighs, walks over to Sans, and grips his right hand. Frisk pulls, but Sans doesn't budge. Frisk pulls slightly harder, but Sans refuses to budge still. Sweat begins to pour down Frisk's scalp, and Frisk's arm begins to wince and jolt in pain. "Ugh, I'm trying, but you're not helping!"

Sans winks at Frisk. "Sorry, kid, I had a big breakfast."

With a mighty heave, Frisk pulls Sans up from the ground, and Sans wobbles for a few moments. After wobbling for a little bit, Sans stretches, yawns, and gives Frisk a thumbs up. "Ah, that's better. Thanks, bud; let's head inside". Sans thinks to himself as Frisk walks through the door first. (Perfect, that should've been enough time for the others to finish setting up for the party).

As Frisk and Sans walk through the front door of Sans' house, a tall and lanky figure with a green and yellow shirt pops out from behind the bushes. Neither Sans nor Frisk notice the figure. They look down at the house and pull out a knife from their back pocket. Their bright white mask shimmers in the sunlight. "There you are. With all the people from Ebott there, I can get in and get out and let the crowd be my shield."