Chapter 7: Healing (Part 2)

A bright beam of sunshine echoes through the waiting room of Ebott Hospital. It hits Frisk smack dab in the face. He has his phone up to his ear, and the earlobe burns a bright red color. "I'm aware...I'm sorry, I'm trying to handle it...don't call me 'passive'. This is hardest on me most of all because my brother was the one harmed; be patient...sorry, sorry. A lot has been on my mind...I've already talked to the police; they're handling it...we'll keep you all safe...yes, bye-bye."

Toriel glances over at Frisk and her brow covers with worry. Frisk slowly places his cell phone back in his pocket, with his eyes sinking slightly. "My soul aches", he mutters to himself as he covers his eyes with his right hand and slouches slightly to the right. 

Frisk shakes his head and leans his head back, letting his spine relax as his narrow, quiet eyes glance up at the television screen above him. As the bright colors from the television flash in his face, a garish commercial appears on the screen before him.

"hOI", the voice exclaims. "gots a boo-boo in teh heartz? take temmie pills! make your heart feelz bettur!"

Frisk sighs deeply and rubs his hands through his flowing chestnut hair. (I love Temmie, but her saccharine voice has been played at every commercial break. We've seen this same ad four times in the past hour.)

Temmie begins to talk far more rapidly on the screen. "Thispillisonlytobetakenforheartrelatedinjuries. Nottobeadministeredtochildrenoryoungmonsters. Ifpainpersistspleaseconsultadoctor." Temmie then clears her throat and finishes the advertisement. "Now available at tem shopz near you!"

Frisk stops slouching in the chair and brings himself up again. "I think my heart would stop hurting if we got a break from seeing the same commercial all the time. Come to think of it, though... something feels funny." 

Frisk then grips his chest. His soul trembles. Growls, even. The soul flip-flops and tosses and turns within his body, and he mutters to himself again. "This is the 20th time this week my soul has felt weird. What is going on with my body?"

Frisk's soul relaxes. Toriel leans over to him and softly pats him on the head. "Now, now, my child. It won't be too much longer before the nurses are done checking on your brother! You don't seem well, but I'm sure he will be alright. Not to worry."

Frisk folds his arms and leans back in his chair. "I can worry as much as I want", he says in a sharp and pointed tone.

Toriel folds her arms, with her ruby eyes piercing his face through the lenses of her glasses. "Do not get lippy with me."

He looks at Toriel again and sinks his head. "Oh no, Mom. I'm sorry." He sighs and rubs his hand through his hair. "I don't mean to be disrespectful. I'm just...thinking about Azzy a lot."

Toriel nods and lets her eyes rest for a few moments before opening them again. "I forgive you, my child. Just remember to watch your tone carefully. This is as hard on me as it is for you."

"