Chapter 1: True Pacifist Grace (Part 2)

Frisk braces his body and plunges his dominant right hand into his chest

Frisk braces his body and plunges his dominant right hand into his chest. After a few seconds of painful face twisting, he pulls out his soul from his body and holds it up in the air. The soul energy flows around him in a whirlwind, with chaos filling his body. After placing both hands on his soul, he gently tears the soul in half, thrusting the one half into Asriel's flower body while Frisk puts the other half back into his own body. As Frisk's own soul re-bonds with his body, a bright white aura of light envelops Asriel. Frisk is at a loss for words as Asriel's flower body metamorphosizes into his true form.

The light disappears with a quick spark, and Asriel takes his arms and looks at them. His hands are covered in goat fur. His arms, legs, feet...everything is back to how his body used to be. He is even wearing his favorite t-shirt; green and yellow striped pattern fabric covers his upper body. Asriel looks up at Frisk and beams widely, and Frisk does the same. Both of them hug each other with overwhelming joy.

 Both of them hug each other with overwhelming joy

"Welcome back, Asriel," Frisk quips.

A pair of joyful tears develop in both of Asriel's eyes. "You're the type of friend I wish I always had." The goat child smiles widely. "I'm so happy that you came back for me and feeling genuine emotions again to the fullest...this is awesome. Thank you so much." His hug tightens around his newest best friend. "Thank you, thank you, thank you."

Frisk tightens his hug and continues to comfort his goat friend. "I'm here for you, Azzy. Don't worry...I remember the story of Chara. I'm here to stay, and I vow never to put us into any dangerous situations."

Asriel sighs. "Yeah...Chara was like that. I still miss her, though. Even though she hated humanity, she was always kind to me."

Frisk pats Asriel on the head slightly. "I understand."

Frisk can feel his body swaying. His limbs feel as limp as wet noodles, and his knees begin to buckle. He continues to smile, but his willpower is weakening. "Ah, dang...I already feel the effects of giving up half my soul...but it's ok, I'll be fine – I'm just tired, much less DETERMINATION than before, I guess."

Before Frisk's knees buckle further, Asriel catches him before he can hit the throne room floor. "Frisk! Hold onto me; we'll make it out together!"

Frisk wearily looks up at Asriel while being held in his arms. "Hey...could you do me a huge favor? Could you carry me out? I'm ok, bud...it's just hard to walk with half of your soul missing. I'll be fine, ok? Just gotta get used to this..."