Chapter 4: Fear

Another update within 24hrs. Enjoy.

Arabella

"Thank you for walking me home Alec. You honestly didn't have to" I smiled gratefully at him as he stood before me in front of my flat door.

"And let a beautiful woman walk home alone in the dark, absolutely not" he protested leaving no room for a debate. But I'd give him one.

"Honestly, I think our city is fairly safe. I walk alone at night quite often, it's not so ah"-

Alec suddenly pushed me up against my door and stared down at me with such intensity that I started to tremble.

"And you will never do so again, is that clear?" he growled out as his eyes pierced into mine.

"I-I" I stammered pathetically, taken aback by his sudden change in demeanour.

"Arabella. I don't mean to frighten you, but there's hell in even the safest of places. Please, for your safety and my sanity, stop walking home alone in the dark. There's some fucked up people out there. I cannot bear the idea of anything happening to you. So, I need verbal confirmation that you will never do such a thing again".

In the midst of his outburst, Alec had grabbed a hold of my hand and held it tightly to his chest.

"I-I promise" I replied still a little taken aback by the fear in his eyes.

"Good girl" he breathed out seemingly calming down upon hearing my words.

The atmosphere suddenly turned tense and an awkward silence surrounded us. I had to think of something to ease the tension and take both our minds off the dark side of people.

"I um, would you like to come in for a cup of tea. I'm not the best at making it, but it's the least I can do after your kind gesture".

"As much as I'd never refuse anything from you, I'm afraid I must get going. And you should probably get an early night. I'm certain it'll be a busy day for you tomorrow" Alec smiled as he started stroking my cheek softly.

"Well okay and again, thank you for everything, Alec" I smiled thankfully at him only to gasp as he swiftly took my hand in his once more.

I watched in complete awe as he lifted my hand up to his lips. I felt the oxygen leave my body as he pressed his lips against the back of my hand. Goosebumps erupted all over my body as he kept them there for what felt like minutes, but in reality it was only seconds.

"You're welcome doll. Sleep well" he whispered into my ear.

Grabbing my keys, I quickly inserted them into the lock still feeling Alec's eyes focused on the back of my head.

Shoving my keys back into my pocket, I grasped the handle of my door and looked back at Alec who I assume was waiting for me to get safely into my flat.

Waving goodbye to him, I quickly stepped inside my home and closed the door behind me.

And just like always, I instantly locked all the locks on my door before looking through the spy hole only to see Alec deep in thought.

He pulled out his phone and typed something quickly before walking down the stairs.

Part of me felt sad. I would have loved him to stay for a bit, but I am sure he was a busy man. He didn't even look like the type that wanted to be committed to a full on relationship and as much as I'd fantasise about being with him that way, it just wouldn't be.

Placing my keys down on the side, I kicked off my shoes and walked to the kitchen.

Putting the leftovers down on the counter top, I grabbed the kettle and emptied the old water. Refilling it with fresh water, I flicked it on and picked out my blackpink mug that had been gifted from a friend and grabbed the hot chocolate container.