Chapter 35: All I need is you

Leon

Standing in my back garden was quite amusing. I brought this house for its size and appearance of wealth. I never gave much shit towards the garden. Sure, I hired people to tend to it, but that was it. Funny how one person changed everything.

Now I was standing in the garden overseeing all of it's beautiful preparations for a private wedding. 

My wedding to the most beautiful woman I had ever met. 

"Who could have imagined it".

Turning round to the lighthearted chuckle of the woman who I saw as a mother figure, I smiled in response as I immediately took the heavy box from out of her hands.

"I always knew you'd find someone and fall in love. You were just too stubborn to accept that someone else could have control over you" Vera chuckled as she followed me to the archway.

Glaring at Vera as she giggled her much smaller self past me, I shook my head and went to help her hang the fairy lights on the archway knowing she wouldn't be able to reach it.

"Arabella may be many things, but she will never have control over me" I argued defensively.

"She's already got it, my naive boy" Vera teased as she rested the palm of her hand on my cheek. 

"Whatever" I scoffed back knowing what Vera was saying was true, except Arabella certainly did not have control in the bedroom. And once the wedding had concluded, I'd be sure to show her that.

"I am so proud of you. You've come a long way, Leon" Vera smiled as she watched me thread the fairy lights through the holes of the archway mixing in well with the vines and flowers.

"You've always been a good man, but it can be hard to feel that way in your line of work. But Arabella brings out the best in you. She makes you smile which startled me at first because you rarely do it" Vera chuckled as she handed me the second lot of fairy lights.

"I used to smile before she came into my life" I frowned at Vera as she began to decorate the chairs with flowers on the backs of the seats.

"No, the only smile you showed was the sinister smile you did before punishing those evil men. But you never had a genuine smile of happiness. But now you do" she muttered as I stepped back and looked at how quickly we had transformed the garden.

"Thank you, for everything, Vera. Arabella told me about what happened when I was drugged. Thank you for looking out for me and helping Arabella to look after me".

Without saying a single word, I walked up to Vera and embraced her in a tight hug. Loyalty meant the world to me and Vera had stayed with me ever since I lost my mum. She gave up everything to stay with me and look after me because she knew I'd need her. 

"Oh sweetheart. You never have to thank me" she mumbled against my chest.

"Now, I believe you have some more things to plan before Arabella's arrival and I have a cake to finish decorating. Chop chop!" Vera pulled herself out of my arms and clapped her hands at me, urging me to get a move on. 

"I hope it's chocolate" I yelled out as she rushed away.

"You'll have to wait and see" she yelled back as she hurried towards the back door of my house.

Shaking my head in amusement, I took a step back to admire the fairy lights I knew Arabella would love. 

"Boss!".

Turning around to a man calling out for me, I walked over to him as he beckoned me over.

"Boss, several more deliveries have arrived and are in need of your approval" Zack pointed to the several men waiting in the hallway.