Chapter 22: Game over

The next day

Arabella

Overcome with tiredness, adrenaline and worry, I cried into my hands as I sat down on the other side of Leon's bed as he slept. 

It had been some time since Leon's seizure and running on complete adrenaline, I managed to clean him up and get him back into bed by myself. 

Vera had come in moments after the seizure episode came to an abrupt end. I swear she had a motherly sense that she knew something was wrong. 

I had expected this to be a challenge, but this was only the second day he'd been without the drug and I was already exhausted. 

I hadn't even faced the expected aggression and I felt unprepared.

I needed help and I needed it fast.

Ensuring Leon was on his side, I opened up the laptop and inserted my name into the lock tab.

Opening up the laptop to the home page, I quickly scoured the screen looking for anything that could help me with.

"Come on, medical, medical, medical" I mumbled frantically as I scrolled through a list of people's names.

Stopping at a medical section, I ran my finger along the screen until I stopped at a name.

"Dr Gregory, pharmaceuticals physician" I muttered out as I read his name aloud to reassure myself.

Dragging the mouse over his email address, I quickly opened up the email app and began to compose a rather frantic email.

'Dear Dr Gregory,

I don't know if this is the correct person to speak to, but I need your upmost help. My name is Arabella and I'm Leon's girlfriend. Something has happened. I believe Leon has been drugged by someone and I'm in the stages of stopping him taking it. It's only been 2 days since he's had it and he's had a very bad seizure and is looking very ill. Please, Leon wrote a list of reliable contacts if he's ever incapacitated and so I've come to you for help as he put your name and contact down. I believe all the guards are involved in this so I only trust you and Vera his house keeper. Please only contact me through email. 

He needs help and fast

Arabella'.

Clicking send without checking my spelling or grammar, I waited for it to send before slamming the laptop shut.

"Don't worry, help is coming" I whispered to Leon who looked ill.

Putting the laptop down on the bedside table, I rushed into the bathroom and picked up a flannel and ran it under the cold water.

Squeezing all the excess out, I ran back into the bedroom and placed the damp flannel on top of Leon's head.

Poor baby has got an extreme temperature and I didn't even need to check it to know. Small beads of sweat formed on his head as he slept after his vicious seizure.  

Stroking his gaunt cheek, I placed my lips against his cheek before walking round to the other side of his bed.

"I'm doing this because I love you" I whispered out quietly, more to reassure myself than to Leon.

Putting the cuff around Leon's hand, I clamped the other end to the metal railing at the head end of his bed.

I hated having to do this, but Leon was much bigger than me and he would soon catch on that I was not giving him the drug he so badly craved.

Biting my lip as he stirred at the click of the handcuffs, I quickly retreated away from him and took place back in the chair scared of his reaction.

Leon was unpredictable, dangerous and loved pushing me to my limits, but I knew I would be exposed to a whole other Leon once he'd wake up.