Chapter 26: Reunited

Arabella

Tossing and turning in the bed, I opened my eyes expecting it to still be the middle of the night, but instead my eyes opened to the most breathtaking sunrise.

Rubbing my eyes, I slowly sat myself up in the huge bed with beautiful white sheets and rested against the massive velvet headboard.

Looking over to the side of the bed, I rested my hand on the pillow next to me hoping that Alec had come back with Leon, but the pillow was cold.

He wasn't back.

Fear swarmed my brain like a bacterial infestation as I picked up my phone and checked the time hoping and praying that I had only been asleep for a couple of hours.

"It's been 13 hours" I muttered out anxiously as my brain conjured up images of Alec's lifeless body, the way I had seen him before.

Throwing my phone on the bed, I brought my knees up to my chin and rested my head down on them. My body began to shake as sobs raked their way up my throat as my breathing became uneven.

Clutching my hands on my head, I tried to fight the horrible mental images and reassure myself of every reason why Alec wasn't back with Leon.

Maybe there's traffic. Maybe Leon's father's location was far away. Maybe he's taken Leon to a hospital.

But the more I tried to reassure myself, the more unrealistic they became.

Crying even harder at the thought of never seeing either one of them again, I threw the duvet over my head and rolled myself over.

Screaming into the pillow, I cried wanting to feel either Leon or Alec's embrace.

I hated myself for becoming so dependent, but the truth was that I needed them. My expectations of boys had become so low that I thought I'd never end up with anybody.

But that changed the day Alec and Leon came into my life. They showed me the difference between a boy and a man. They showed me what it meant to be loved and cared for. Two very different men, but both hold the same love and feelings for me.

They were my addiction and I could never be without them.

Muffling the sounds of my sobs into the pillow, I engulfed myself with the duvet desperate to remind myself of the feeling of being cuddled by Alec and Leon. They are so much bigger than I am which made cuddling all the more enjoyable. 

I felt safe with them. I felt secure. I felt at peace and as if nothing could ever harm me, mentally or physically.

Crying even harder and the thought of possibly never feeling their embrace again, I closed my eyes praying if possible to wake up from this realistic nightmare.

"Why are you crying, little girl".

My breath hitched in my throat as a voice that had been absent from my ears for so long echoed around the room.

Throwing the duvet away from my body, I looked up and stared at the two loves of my life.

"L-Leon. Alec?".

Hurrying onto my knees, I watched on in shock as Alec supported a very badly injured Leon and helped him to sit down in the armchair.

Not sure how to react, I looked up as I felt Alec stroke my cheek before pressing his lips to the top of my head.

"It's over doll. It's over" he whispered as he slowly pulled away.

I swear this man has a sixth sense. He can literally feel my anxiety.

Smiling in appreciation for all he did, with his help, I slowly climbed off the large bed and stood a couple of meters away from Leon who was staring at me with a complete mix of emotions.