Chapter 47: You never had me

Alec

Sometimes, I fucking hate life.

Leon was so drunk and broken that I had to help him.

Nothing pained me more than having to help clean up my brother, my best friend who never needed help from anyone.

He was so low that I had to run him a bath and help clean him up. He smelt so bad and definitely hadn't showered in over 4 days. I couldn't even let him wash himself as he was so drunk he most likely would have fallen asleep or become unconscious and drowned in the bath.

After making him drink plenty of water, I put him to sleep but had Hank keep an eye on him to make sure he didn't choke on his vomit in his sleep.

With Arabella's soft snuggle time playlist playing in the background, I quietly cleaned up all the mess Leon had made. Humming to the slow song, I emptied the shards of glass into newspaper before wrapping it up and discarding it.

Picking up a glass bottle, I stopped and stared at Leon's wedding ring still on the floor from where he had taken it off.

Putting down the glass and picking up the ring instead, I clutched it to my chest still thinking over what Leon had revealed.

I trusted Arabella and I'd be sure to give her plenty of opportunity to explain things before jumping to conclusions.

But we had to reunite with her first.

Slipping his ring into my pocket, I pulled out my phone to simply check on the tracker app, but to my horror, the red flashing dot was moving. It was no longer where it had been for more than a week. It was moving and it was moving, fast.

He's found out we're alive. And he's taking her to a new location. I wouldn't be surprised if he catches on that she's wearing a tracker.

"Sorry Leon, you're gonna have to sit this one out. I am bringing her home".

Resting the broom on the wall, I slipped my phone into my pocket before looking over at my walking stick.

I knew I needed it, but the adrenaline of bringing my doll home would work to my advantage. Besides, the pain from my wound and legs did not compare to the pain of being without her for another minute.

Grunting at the uncomfortable feeling, I walked back to the room where Leon slept and silently signalled Hank over.

Looking over at Leon who was snoring loudly, I sighed knowing he was at least in a deep sleep which would help him to have a clear mind for when Arabella came home.

As Hank closed the door, he looked back to me with a raised brow.

"What's going on?" he asked as he sensed my panic.

"He's moving her. For now, he doesn't know she's wearing a tracker, but it's only a matter of time. We need to strike, now".

Holding up my phone, Hank's eyes moved to the screen, the anger and determination building up in his eyes.

"Time to bring your wife home" he smirked as he patted me on my shoulder.

Nodding at his words, I watched as he instantly pulled out his phone and started ringing the gang.

"Get in the cars and get every weapon ready for use. Meet us round the back of the visage hotel in 15 minutes".

Whilst Hank informed my men of the plans, I walked over to my belongings and rummaged through my bag. Grabbing my gun, I reloaded it and fixed it together.

Tucking the gun into the belt of my trousers, I walked over to my duffel bag that had been recovered from the beach house after the explosion, I unzipped it and smirked at the sight of my leather jacket.