Chapter 43: Moving on

Arabella

Huffing in frustration as I lifted up the excess material of the sweatpants Franco gave me, I stumbled around the house to try and find a way out, but also to find out more about Franco without having to talk to him.

A house can tell a lot of things about the person living inside. Leon was a clean freak with a spotless mansion, he hated clutter and mess. Alec's home is small, but so cosy in the middle of a forest away from the stress of people and business. His home was initially bare which indicated he didn't spend much time at home, but since I came into his life his home was now full of photos, memories and he even became a lover of plants.

Franco's home was beautiful, but so empty. It screamed how lonely he was no matter how much money he had. 

Standing before two huge double glass doors, I stared out into the garden that was being tended to by a number of people.

Reminded me of Leon's garden, my garden, my home.

Tears began to well up in my eyes as I remembered the moment I had waited in my wedding dress staring out at the back garden as Leon and Alec stood waiting nervously.

"Why is life so cruel".

Rubbing the back of my hand against my eyes, I turned away as the vision of Leon and Alec standing by the floral arch vanished reminding me that they were gone and never coming back.

Running away from the window, I sobbed loudly as I sought any form of comfort before my panic attack would suffocate me.

In moments like these, Alec and Leon would be so close that I'd never even get to this stage. They hold me captive in their arms and stroke my hair until I calmed down.

But they weren't here. And I had no refuge. Not anymore.

Tears began to blur my vision as I felt my throat close up. My body started to grow weak as the walls of the house started to close in on me. I was alone. I was-

"It's alright, bambina. I'm here".

In the midst of the chaos, Franco surrounded me with his muscular arms, his hand stroking down the back of my hair whilst he held me close.

Feeling comfort in his warm touch and the smell of his intoxicating cologne, I rested my head on his shoulder as he lifted me up in his arms. 

"How's about some breakfast, hm?" he whispered as his hot breath fanned against my face.

And like every cool composed part of him, I shivered at the taste of mint hitting my own lips from his mouth.

Feeling intimidated by him, I simply stayed frozen staring at him as his lips quirked up into a smirk, unable to verbally respond to him.

Slowly averting my gaze away from him, I felt my jaw drop at the kitchen he had brought me into.

Feeling him settle me down on a kitchen island stool, I continued staring at the magnificence of the kitchen. He was rich, filthy rich, but I didn't think he'd put so much of his wealth into a kitchen.

"Not what you were thinking, hm?" Franco chuckled as he caught onto me admiring his kitchen.

"I, um. It's very grand" I mumbled out awkwardly.

"Damn, look at that. We can have a civil conversation" Franco winked bringing all the negative feelings back to the surface.

Letting out a deep sigh, I lifted my fingers up and began to fiddle with the necklace I promised Alec to never take it off. 

Even though my eyes were glued on the necklace, I could feel Franco's presence on me, the sound of his heavy footsteps getting louder before coming into my eyesight.