Chapter 17: Bon Voyage

Alec

I am the luckiest man alive.

Staring down at Arabella as we walked hand in hand through the beautiful streets, I couldn't stop smiling at her adorable excited face as we walked down towards the sea.

She was completely overwhelmed by everything around her. She was like a child exploring a new place or playing with a new toy. Her eyes were wide as we walked through the narrow streets busy with people and market stalls.

And with one hand engulfed in mine, her other hand held a couple of bags full of handmade products that she had set her eyes on.

Leon trailed behind us holding a lot more bags full of stuff we had bought for her. And the craziest part was that Arabella hadn't asked for anything.

Anything she set her eyes on, we bought for her.

She still hadn't come to the realisation that Leon and I were the most stubborn men she'd ever encounter. She should know by now that she didn't stand a chance against us when she tried to argue with us not to buy something.

And Arabella, my sweet answer to prayer had attracted the locals with her love of handmade items. And knowing how gentle her soul is, she couldn't refuse them.

Even though I had only been away from Arabella for 1 day, it had pushed me to my limits. 

Every meeting, every conversation was consumed with thoughts of her. Wondering if she got enough sleep, if she was eating well and truthfully, a little nervous of how Leon would be with our girl in his work environment. 

But to my relief, he had gone easy on her. 

And now, here she was, with me in the south of France enjoying her first ever holiday.

I was going to make this a holiday to remember.

Looking out at the shoreline, I looked down at Arabella hearing her gasp in shock. But before I could say a word, Arabella let go of my hand and started to run towards the clear water.

Thinking quickly, I grabbed the back of her dress and pulled her back harshly.

Pulling her up against my body, I wrapped my arm around her slim waist while leaning in and rested my chin on her shoulder.

"Did I say you can run, little girl?" I whispered menacingly, keen to remind her of the rules.

Of course, I loved her passion for life and nothing pleased me than her taking back the control she feared so much, but I also had and wanted to assert dominance over her.

Leon would always be the more dominant of the two of us, but I needed to show her that I too was dominant. It wasn't just because we were her caregivers, but also because of what we do for a living. 

I'd never tell her that Leon and I both run gangs, but Leon and I had swore to protect Arabella at every cost.

And by protecting her, we had to set boundaries. And as much as I hated the idea, Leon was right. We had to have her completely depend on us. The world is a fucking cruel place for people like Arabella. And with her as our girl, she was quite literally a walking target. 

"A-Alec" Arabella whimpered, clearly taken aback by my stern outburst.

"Did you forget the rules Arabella?" I whispered seductively as my grip tightened on her body.

Arabella opened her mouth to speak, but shut it instantly as I rested my hand on her butt. 

"You are to stay by my side and Leon's side at all times. You are to do as we say and you are to raise concerns if something we do makes you feel uncomfortable. France may be relatively safe, but like every place, there is danger lurking around every corner. So, you do not run off otherwise I will lock you in the cabin of a boat in the middle of the ocean with Leon and I will not come and save you no matter how much you beg. Got it?".