Chapter 36: Devil's Den

Arabella

"Arabella, I think you've eaten enough cupcakes" Alec muttered nervously as he walked towards me looking a little anxious.

"Are you calling me fat?" I glared at him as I took a big bite of one of Vera's homemade cupcakes.

"No, my angel. And even if you gained weight, it would not change how beautiful you are to me" Alec smiled whilst crossing his arms across his chest.

Smooth talker.

"But to answer your question, you need to slow down or you'll have a sugar rush, little lady" Alec smiled, but I could see he was nervous for some reason.

"I'll be alright, Alec. I'm tired. Believe me, I'll crash the moment I get into bed" I giggled as I finished the last of my cupcake, but my carefree laughing did not change the anxiety on Alec's face.

"Alec, you're scaring me. What's wrong?" I asked, rushing over to my husband whilst stroking his cheek hoping to ease his worries.

"Baby, Leon is waiting for you in the car. We are leaving. He has told me, for every second he spends waiting for you, he gets to have his way with you in his, playroom".

Leon has a playroom? What a weirdo.

"Like having sex whilst playing board games? Weird, but then again you are obsessed with my feet so what the heck" I smiled, but Alec only gave me a sympathetic smile.

"You beautiful naive little angel" Alec chuckled as he slipped his hand in mine.

"Don't say I didn't warn you, doll" Alec laughed as he dragged me away from the garden and back through the house.

"I don't know what you mean, but I don't care. I feel like I'm floating on cloud 9 with all this alcohol flowing through me" I chuckled loving the feeling of the wind blowing on my face as Alec dragged me along with him.

"Well, if we don't get you to him fast enough then you won't be on cloud 9 for much longer. In fact, he'll take you to hell" Alec chuckled, but there was a tone of seriousness in his voice. 

As Alec opened the front door, a cool gust of wind blew against my face. But the wind did not bother me as much as Leon's demeanour did. Our eyes locked as he stood leaning against a matte black range rover. He looked intense and stern, like a leader craving control. A cold shiver washed over me, but not from the wind, but instead from Leon's powerful dominant presence. 

Alec was not joking about Leon's threat. He was worried for me, and now I was worried for me too.

"Hello, husband" I smiled hoping to soften Leon's stern thoughts.

"7 minutes and 39 seconds. Perfect" Leon muttered out darkly as he edged closer towards me before towering over me.

"What does that mean?" I asked whilst fiddling with his tie.

"That's for me to know and you to find out" he replied before giving me a sly wink as he ran his thumb along my bottom lip. 

"Now get your ass in the car before I change my mind" Leon growled out as he cupped my ass with one of his hands.

"But, I'm in my wedding dress and it won't fit very easily" I argued only to notice the sudden change of expression on Alec's face.

I think I'm in trouble.

"Did you just talk back to me, little girl?" Leon muttered out in a threateningly dark tone of voice. 

"No, I was just trying to explain a potential problem that we may encounter" I chuckled lightly hoping to ease the strong tension in the air.