Chapter 4.

After walking for nearly an hour towards Mount Sagiri, the clouds started to break, and the sun began to shine. Nezuko showed fear as she saw it, running off for a cave, "N-Nezuko? Where are you going?" Tanjiro asked

"Don't forget was Tomioka said. We have to keep her out of sunlight," Kyameron answered.

"But why?"

"I'm not sure, but I'd assume it'll hurt her if she acted like that. Go up and see if you can find something to protect her, like a basket with a lid or something. Just make sure the sun can't get through. I'll wait here with her."

"Alright."

Tanjiro continued on while Kyameron stayed behind with Nezuko. He looked into the cave to see Nezuko had dug herself a small hole to sit inside. He approached her and sat down, "Don't worry, Nezuko. Your big brother will keep you safe, haha!"

Nezuko didn't react at all. She just stared at the cave entrance where the sun caped the outside. She was feeble due to the energy she exhasuted over the last few hours. For some reason, she wouldn't acknowledge Kyameron at all. In fact, she just stayed still until Tanjiro returned, which is when she hopped out of her hole. This confused and slightly hurt Kyameron, but he let it slide. Tanjiro was carrying a basket made out of bamboo, straw and string. When he set the basket down, Nezuko scampered over to it, trying to climb inside. However, she was too big.

"Crap..." Kyameron said

"Hold on. Nezuko, can you shrink down? Get smaller?"

Nezuko flipped the basket and climbed inside, shrinking down as she did. When she was in, she looked like an infant in a carrier. Tanjiro ruffled her hair and put the lid over her, strapping the basket to his back.

With the sun issue resolved, the two continued onwards towards Mount Sagiri.

(Hours later)

"Lemme get this straight. You FORCED him to take your money, even when he didn't want it?" Kyameron said

"I felt bad. I didn't want to take things without paying back," Tanjiro replied.

"You're a better man than me, Tanjiro. I'd have taken the stuff and walked off, haha!"

"Well, I guess so..."

The sunset was a beautiful sight in this region of farmland, the height of mountains casting a golden illumination over the entire landscape. It was quite literally the calm before the storm of the night. As the three siblings continued along the route, they came across a lady and her son walking in the opposite direction, "Hello, how are you this evening?" Tanjiro asked

"Oh, we're just heading home. It gets dangerous around here at night..." The lady said

"Yes, we know. That's why we're going this way! Haha!" Kyameron said, being his usual flamboyant self

"I'm not sure that's a good idea, people go missing on this mountain at night! If you're going up, please be careful!" The lady said in a worrisome tone

"Don't worry, Ma'am, we'll be careful," Tanjiro said with a smile before following his brother forward.

The guess of night fell, the vibrant colours of the Japanese wilderness fading away into a haze of darkness and shade. These colours symbolized the arrival of danger, as demons now roamed the country. Tanjiro grew weary while his brother seemed oblivious it wasn't bright out. Once the sun set, Nezuko came out of her basket and began walking with Tanjiro. They continued walking for a few more hours, getting deeper into the night before Tanjiro picked up a scent.

"Yo, Kyameron!"

"What's up?"

"I smell something. It smells like..."