Chapter 41.

In his mind, Enmu was panicking. A burning hot blade was currently flying down towards his only weak spot, and he couldn't think of anything to stop it in the heat of the moment. He promptly threw a feeble skin shield over the bone; something Kyameron burnt through quickly.

"Damn it, how did they uncover my neck so quickly?! I haven't had a chance to feed on any passengers yet! This can't be the way it ends! Not this quickly!" he thought. While he did, he felt the heat of Kyameron's blade make contact with his physical neck, causing shivers to go up the rest of his spine. With very little time to spare, he sent one of his flesh tendrils flying at Kyameron. From above, Tanjiro came barreling down, slashing the tendril in two, "Where did that rat come from?!"

Tanjiro, landing directly behind Kyameron, turned his head to face him, "Are you going through?!" he shouted.

Kyameron, straining his voice, replied, "Yes, but it's tough! It might take me a little while to get through!"

Another tendril came flying at Kyameron's head getting within millimetres before being chopped in two by Tanjiro, "Listen!" Kyameron shouted, "I'm going to need you to have my back while I'm doing this! If I take my sword out, he'll cover up his neck, and we might not get another shot after that!"

"Okay, but what about the others?! Will they need help?!" Tanjiro yelled.

"They'll be fine, Rengoku is with them! Just focus on this demon! If we sever his neck, the others will be safe!" Kyameron shouted back.

Both turned their attention back to the task at hand. Kyameron to the demon's neck bone, Tanjiro to the many tendrils flying at the two of them.

One came from the right, and Tanjiro slashed it.

One from above, Tanjiro lept up and followed through it.

One from the left, and while descending from his leap Tanjiro cut through it as well.

All the while, Kyameron's katana buried itself deeper and deeper into Enmu's neck, reaching the halfway point.

Enmu, now frantic and flustered, continued attempting to drive Kyameron's blade out of his neck with limited effectiveness. Now seeing only a singular way out of the situation, he began sprouting eyes out of every possible spot within his flesh. One appeared directly in front of Kyameron, catching him off-guard, "Go to sleep!" Enmu shrieked.

A wave came exploding from the eye, careening towards Kyameron, who could do nothing but continue to drive his sword downwards. However, before the wave struck him, Tanjiro dove in the way, taking the full force of the attack and falling asleep nearly instantly.

"This rodent! Does he have no regard for himself?!" Enmu thought, "No matter. Now I can kill the pest trying to slice my neck-" 

His thoughts were cut off by a sharp pain in the neck. Looking through his eye, he saw Kyameron driving his sword even deeper.

The anger and shame of having to make his younger brother take an attack for him kicked Kyameron's adrenaline from ten to eleven. Shifting his top hand lower on the handle and putting more force on the blade, he began to steadily slash through, instead of making exponential progress. Unluckily, he could feel his breath running short as he began to wheeze and cough. Through unwavering resolve, he kept forcing his blade into the demon's neck, trying to run on pure emotion and hatred.

Unfortunately, the flames of his blazing universe attack began to fade as the toll of using the blazing multiverse and several other attacks began to surface. His blade now being forced out of neck bone rapidly, he heard the voice of Enmu, "Oh, poor you! Not enough gas in the tank? That's unfortunate. When you see your family in hell, tell them to make some room for the rest of you pests!"

Though infuriated by Enmu's taunting, he could do nothing but cough. A tendril came flying towards his face, which he was forced to stop. Now occupied, several other tendrils came flying at him from all directions. Unable to block them all, Kyameron closed his eyes and waited for the seemingly inevitable.

"Hinokami Kagura, raging sun!" A voice shouted.

Opening his eyes, Kyameron saw Tanjiro flying around him. Slashing through all the tendrils surrounding him before landing next to him, "Ready to finish this bastard?!" he yelled.

"Heh, like you had to ask! You know what to do, right?!" Kyameron said, crouching down and making a catapult.

Tanjiro smiled, "Of course!" He said, hopping on.

Kyameron threw him up with all his strength, launching him at least 50 feet in the air. Tanjiro, twisting and turning, began his descent leading with his sword. Though near-fainting with exhaustion, Kyameron once again drove his blade into Enmu's neck. The demon had made the colossal error of taunting Kyameron instead of covering the bone. Though unable to generate enough power and stamina for a breathing technique, Kyameron still buried his sword deep enough to where Enmu would have to force it out.

Tanjiro, quickly descending and preparing for another Hinokami Kagura attack, braced himself. As he reached striking distance, a tendril nailed Kyameron in the side, sending him flying into the train's cabin. Inside, he hit the back of Inosuke, who was being overrun by tendrils, "Hey, where the hell did you come from?!" He shouted.

Though on the verge of fainting, Kyameron stood up and limped back out to the battleground, sword in hand. Tanjiro prepared to unleash his attack on Enmu's neck but was about to be intercepted by a tendril. Enmu laughed, "Too bad, you little pest!"

The tendril was headed straight for Tanjiro's chest. Seeing this, Kyameron gripped his blade with two hands and leapt for him. In mid-air, he slashed through the tendril, along with kicking it away on the follow-through. Now spun around, he looked to Tanjiro, who smiled at him. Returning the smile, along with a thumbs-up, his vision faded away to black, landing on the floor of the train.

Tanjiro returned his focus to the Demon's neck, now with both a clear view and path, and shouted, "Hinokami Kagura, Clear Blue Sky!!"