Chapter 20.

"Hahahaha! You were right, Yahaba! That house just appeared out of nowhere!" The female demon said.

"Yes. It seems to be the handiwork of a blood demon art user skilled at hiding things. And correct me if I'm wrong, but that girl the two hunters are standing with is a demon, no?" the male demon said, "What is the meaning of this?"

"Who cares? Isn't this fun?"

"Yes. Though I have to say, Susamaru, your way of doing things is very immature. You got my kimono all dusty!"

"Oh, quit your whining. We found them because of my Temari, so who cares?"

"Yeah, who does?!" Kyameron said as he gripped his sword, rushing the two demons. They seemed shocked that one of them was running at them alone, but they laughed. The girl threw her Temari at Kyameron, who tried to redirect it, but it hit him with such force he shot backwards, "Tch! Just what are these things..." he said. He tried to run at them again but was flung away by a mysterious force. He landed next to Tanjiro, "Huh. Something is off here," he said.

"Those two. Are Kibutsuji's minions?"  Yushiro thought.

The girl, whose name was Susamaru, threw her two Temari again. They busted through the house's walls and began bouncing around with immense force, tearing the building apart. One came flying towards Lady Tamayo, "Miss Tamayo!" Yushiro yelled, getting in front of the Temari. Mysteriously, it changed direction. It sailed to the left of Yushiro's head, past his guard, then flew right back at him, taking his head off entirely. Tanjiro looked back to see his head blown off, "Yushiro!" he yelled. His body fell into Tamayo's arms, "Damn it! Nezuko, take the lady upstairs outside to a safe place!" Nezuko obeyed Tanjiro's words, only to be interrupted by Tamayo,

"No! It's too dangerous outside! We have a basement, as I said earlier! Take her there!" she said. Tanjiro echoed her command to Nezuko as she went off to get the lady to safety. The Temari bouncing around the room finally returned to Susamaru as she dribbled them on the ground,

"The demon hunter, wearing hanafuda-like earings. That's you, isn't it?" Susamaru said

Tanjiro looked shocked, "So I'm the one they're after?" he thought. He looked back at Tamayo, who still had the body of Yurisho in her arms, "Miss Tamayo, please find a place to hide! I'm the one they're after!" he said. Tamayo looked up at him, her eyes reflecting him,

"Please, you two, fight without worrying about protecting us. We will be fine since we're demons," Tamayo said. Tanjiro gave a reluctant nod and turned to face the two demons. The Temari demon was chuckling,

"One down! Four to go!" She said as she hurled her Temari at Tanjiro. Focusing, determining the best way to deter the Temari, Tanjiro realized it would only move if he tried to dodge it. He calculated its direction.

"Total Concentration, Water Breathing! The seventh form, drop ripple thrust-curve!" Tanjiro said, stabbing his sword diagonally into the Temari. He successfully stopped it, piercing it with his blade. However, the Temari slipped off his blade and hit him in the stomach, "How is it moving around like that? It did the same thing when it took Yurisho's head off! It's not spinning at all! What is going on?!" Tanjiro thought. As he was thinking, a second Temari came flying through the wall on his right, catching him off-guard. Luckily for Tanjiro, Kyameron deterred the ball, stabbing it with his blade. However, just like the one Tanjiro had pieced, it slid off and stuck him.

"What the hell as these things?!" Kyameron yelled. In the corner of the room, Tamayo was nursing Yurisho, whose head was beginning to grow back. The sight of this made Tanjiro gag, as the head seemingly manifested out of the blood. As soon as Yushiro's mouth returned, he began to yell, "Lady Tamayo! Didn't I tell you?  We should never have gotten involved with this demon slayer! From the start, I said so! My blindfold technique is still a work in progress! You know this! I can hide buildings, someone's physical body, their scent, but it's not like I can remove them from existence! The greater the people we get involved with, the greater the trace we leave behind, thus making it easier for Kibutsuji to discover us! Anyone who disturbs the time I spend with you, I despise such people! With a passion, I despise them! It's unforgivable!" he yelled, his head now fully regenerated.

"Hahaha! So, you're back? Too bad, now I get to blow your head off again! What fun! And you two demon hunters, what an honour for you; To be killed by me, one of the twelve upper moons!" Susamaru said, unravelling her kimono halfway down.

"Twelve demon moons?" Tanjiro said, confused,

"They're twelve demons directly under the control of Kibutsuji!" Tamayo said,

"Bullshit! You're not a part of the twelve demon moons! I know you're not!" Kyameron yelled,

"Oh? And what gives you that idea? Gone mad with fear of my status? Hahaha!"

"No! Your eyes, you don't have the mark!"

Susamaru looked enraged, "I AM a part of the twelve demon moons! I'll prove it to you by killing you!"

"Good luck with that, poser," Kyameron said, taking his sword into a battle position. Susamaru's sides began to bubble, and out of them came four more arms, six in total. Each held a Temari in their hands.

"Now then, let's start playing!" She yelled, throwing all six Temari into the building. Tanjiro and Kyameron weaved around them as best they could, but they would constantly change direction and head straight back for them after missing. Tanjiro was very grateful for Kyameron's training at this moment. One scratched Yurisho's face, prompting Tamayo to begin thinking, "If I cast my spell now, it would affect the two demon slayers. Yushiro also needs time to switch to attack mode. but if this goes on..."

Tanjiro and Kyameron continued to weave and duck around the Temari, slashing them in half when the chance came. However, the severed pieces would still turn and hit them before disappearing. Three Temari ricocheted off Kyameron's blade, hitting Tamayo and Yurisho in the process. While injured, Tamayo assured the slayers they would recover. Yurisho spoke up, "You two! Moronic demon slayers! Dodge the arrows! That should at least let you kill the Temari demon!" he said.

"Arrows?!" Tanjiro asked.

"The hell are you seeing, bud?!" Kyameron yelled.

Yurisho looked unamused, "You two seriously can't see them? Fine, I'm lending you my sense of sight!" he said, tossing two sheets of paper towards them. They landed on their foreheads and stuck, revealing a pattern on the front. Suddenly, arrows following the Temari appeared, showing their trajectory. Tanjiro thanked Yurisho and began weaving in and out of the Temari. Nezuko appeared in the doorway after successfully taking the woman to a safe place,

"Nezuko, follow Kyameron and I outside!" Tanjiro said as Nezuko nodded her head in agreement. The siblings stepped outside and faced down the Temari demon known as Susamaru. She giggled at their presence, "You two amuse me. Master wants the head of the boy with the Hanafuda earings, so that's what I'll bring him!" she said.

"Kyameron, Nezuko! I can smell the second demon in the trees! Find them while I take this one on!" Tanjiro said.

"Oh, you get to have all the fun while we go off on a search mission?" Kyameron said

"Kyameron, not now!"

"Why not? My master said it's never a bad time to have a good time!" He said.

Tanjiro sighed, "Please, just find the demon and kill it,"

"Alright, fine, tell Nezuko to come with me," Kyameron said, grimacing as he said the last few words. Tanjiro echoed his words to Nezuko, who agreed. The youngest and oldest jumped into the trees to look for Yahaba, while the middle child stood alone in front of Susamaru.