Chapter 36.

Turning his attention away from his little sister and back to the situation itself, Kyameron began surveying what was happening. Inosuke, Zenitsu, and Rengoku were all still sound asleep. Rengoku was strangling a strange, pale girl. Now that he noticed, there was someone tied to every but Tanjiro and himself. Everyone was squirming around, some more than others. Zenitsu looked like a tick trying to jump out of a jar. Suddenly, a shrill voice came from behind him, "Um, excuse me, sir..." it said.

Turning around, he saw two children. From the voice's sound, he assumed it to be the girl speaking. She looked oddly familiar, though he couldn't put his finger on where from, "Yes? What is it?" he asked calmly.

"You... you forgave me. Inside your dream, you forgave me..." she said, bowing her head.

A confused Kyameron then replied, "Forgave you? I don't seem to remember seeing anyone asides from my brother and fa-" he stuttered, "Other than my brother,"

"It was in your subconscious. I met a spirit that had your exact shape and voice. He told me to move forward, or else I move backwards. I wanted to thank you,"

"We both do," The equally as pale boy said, "I owe you my life, as well," he said, looking at Tanjiro.

"You both have helped ease our pain. In return, we'd like to help you," the girl said.

"While I very much appreciate your offer, we're up against something far beyond you two," Kyameron said.

"We know. It's a demon," The girl said, "A twelve kizuki. He's at the front of the train, on the roof of the first car,"

"Also, to remove these ropes, you must burn them off. Slashing them with your swords will do no good," The boy stated, coughing shortly after.

"Nezuko should be able to handle that," Tanjiro said, patting her head.

"Be careful when you sever the ropes. Those people are bound to be more aggressive than us," The girl said, "Please, defeat that demon for us," she said as both of them teared up.

"We will, I promise!" Kyameron shouted, giving them a thumbs-up. With a smile on their faces, the brother and sister retreated to the back of the train.

"Nezuko, Can you burn the ropes?" Tanjiro asked.

Nezuko mumbled and walked over to Inosuke, burning the rope connecting him and his attacker. She did the same to Zenitsu and Rengoku, as well. Afterwards, all three of the people tied to the demon slayers stood up and drew some sort of needle, "How dare you get in the way of our dreams!" A girl shouted.

"You'll pay for this! Now we'll never get to have happy dreams!" A boy screamed.

The third one, another girl, rushed at the three. Stepping in front of Tanjiro and Nezuko, Kyameron grabbed the wrist of the hand holding the needle. Squeezing very lightly, the girl dropped the needle, which he proceeded to kick away, "Please, I don't want to have to use force," he said calmly.

A look of desperation spread across the remaining two's faces as they both recklessly charged at him. With a sigh, he swiftly chopped them both on the back of the neck, knocking them out. Turning back to the original girl that ran at him, he spoke, "Go to the back of the train. You'll be safe there,"

"Shut up... just shut up! You ruined everything! We could have had good dreams, but you had to get in the way-" a chop to her neck stopped her rant, courtesy of Tanjiro, on this occasion. Both the Kamado brothers looked down with sorrow, aware that these people were so driven to escape their hell that they'd go to a demon for help. They struck an unsung accord, rushing up the train and into the cutoff area between two cars.