Chapter 38

Kyameron's dream burned away into reality, finding himself still in the air. Much like the dream, crimson blood overtook the typical whites of his eyes as several deep maroon cracks pierced straight to his irises, which had turned bright blazing orange. The pounding heart within his chest began to beat even faster as boiling blood went rushing through every vein in his shaking body. Mere words such as irate, annoyed, resentful, exasperated and pissed off wouldn't do his fury justice. Red began seeping into his vision itself, blocking out everything else besides what stood directly below; the vile wretch that dared belittle his familial love. With a face contorted in rage, all that remained of his thin sanity focused on not slashing Tanjiro on the way down. Whatever else going on in his brain focused on a single objective, making that demon pay.

"HOW DARE YOU!" he shouted, gripping his fiery katana even tighter as his descent continued, "HOW DARE YOU DISGRACE THE MEMORY OF OUR FAMILY!"

Below, Tanjiro snapped awake as well. Seeming to have experienced the same horrors, he mirrored his brothers' actions, throwing away all his kindness for the first time in his life, "THEY WOULD NEVER SAY SUCH HORRIFIC THINGS!" he screamed.

Kyameron, pulling his katana as far back as he possibly could, shouted, "NEVER MAKE A MOCKERY," as he prepared to strike.

"OF OUR FAMILY!!!!!!!!" the brothers bellowed in unison, each powering their sword towards the demon. Tanjiro's blade slashed straight through the demon's abdomen splitting it in two. Kyameron's blade, however, did not slash through once. Still seething with hatred, one slash didn't seem enough.

While his first strike burned clean through the demon's neck, another swing followed it up, followed by another, and then more. A total of eight slashes from Kyameron's sword connected before he hit the roof of the train, sending away a burst of flames as he made contact. Multiple pieces of the demon named Enmu lay scattered around along with a head.  Or, half of one, as a piece of it had fallen off the speeding locomotive.

"Hm... what is this I feel..." a figure said, "This strength... is unique. This person..." it said in a mumbled tone, "I must find this demon slayer... he would make a fine warrior for that man,"

Back on the Mugen Train, Kyameron's eyes began fading back into their regular deep red as Tanjiro stared at him, "You saw it too?" he asked.

"...yeah," Kyameron replied, trying to catch his wind.

"I can see why he ordered me to kill the two of you," someone said.

Turning around, the brothers noticed Enmu had yet to fade away. His head had regenerated, though his body still laid in pieces, "The two of you, and that Hashira, your existence couldn't be more irritating!" he said as the pieces of his body became a purple goop, sending his head into the air.

Rage returning to his system, Kyameron once again grasped his katana, "Why can't you just stay dead?! Calling our existence annoying," he shouted, "When you're the one who's acting like a cockroach!"

"You're very foul-mouthed, aren't you? Oh, the look on your faces! It's like a dream coming to fruition! You want to know just how I'm alive, don't you?" Enmu said, twisting his gelatinous body. Kyameron went to shout back but stopped in response to Tanjiro tugging on his cape, "Fine, since you're both going to be dead anyway, I'll tell you!"

Kyameron, struggling to remain still, whispered to Tanjiro, "Standing still and listening to monologues isn't my thing. The second this son of a bitch tells us this get ready to move," he said, Tanjiro subtly nodding in response.

Enmu continued to flaunt his new body, "It's so spectacularly simple even an infant would understand. That corpse behind you, or what's left of it, isn't my real body. While you took were slumbering, I fused myself with this train! Everything in my flesh, blood and bones! Those people inside are sitting inside my belly! Isn't that genius-"

"Quit rambling, you asshole! We get it, your body is the train, thanks! Now shut up and fight!" Kyameron shouted after slicing off the tentacle-like glob holding up Enmu's head. It melted away into the train afterwards, "Tanjiro! The passengers! Get inside the train now!"

As Kyameron began shouting this, loud banging came from inside the train. A hole then burst open, and out of it came Inosuke, "NYAHAHAHAHA, KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN, MINIONS, LORD INOSUKE IS HERE!" he shouted, landing on the roof of the train.

"Glad to see you're awake!" Kyameron joked.

"Inosuke, the entire train is a demon!" Tanjiro shouted from behind.

"I know that!" Inosuke screamed as he dove back into the hole, which was now a writhing mess of glob, "Beast breathing, fifth fang! Crazy cutting!" he shouted, slashing through all the tentacles reaching for the passengers.

Kyameron looked back at Tanjiro, "Are you ready for this?! This guy is the lower one so it won't be easy!" he asked.

Tanjiro smiled just like Rengoku, "I'm ready for anything as long as you're here!"

Ignoring his heart skipping a beat, Kyameron smiled back, "All right then, let's make this bastard pay!"