Chapter 11.

The next day came quickly. Rengoku awoke Kyameron early in the morning, as usual. Kyameron usually objected and dragged himself out of bed, but today he was eager to get started. The rush of dopamine from finally getting the first form right, combined with Tanjiro's words in Urokodaki's message from the previous day, fueled his desire to get stronger. Rengoku took away his training sword, replacing it with a blade made of Nichirin, "You have earned your stripes of discipline, my student! I now award you your first Nichirin Blade!" He said

The blade was simple but effective. A standard steel-coloured blade with a handle made of black alloy and orange markings shaped like Flames, similar to Rengoku's sword design. Throughout this period, one full year passed.

The first two weeks passed, dedicated to perfecting the first form of flame breathing, Unknowing Flame. Remembering the rhythm from Kyameron's battle with the demon in the village, it was easy to perfect this form compared to before.

The second form, Rising Scorching Sun, took two months to perfect. The difficulty came from the backwards motion of the attack and its volatile nature. Though time-consuming, Kyameron eventually got it down.

The third form, Blazing Universe, was much easier to perfect than the second, only taking one month to learn. Rengoku described it as form two, except in a downwards motion instead of upwards. With Kyameron already knowing the second form, he managed to change its trajectory and master the third form.

The fourth form, Blooming Flame Undulation, was also simple. Rengoku said it was the second form, but around in a horizontal cyclone. It took one and a half months, but Kyameron eventually mastered it.

The fifth form, Flame Tiger, was where the real struggles ensued. Kyameron struggled to keep it in control for the entire burst of power for its duration, often losing control. It took a long, arduous six and a half months, but Kyameron finally managed to master the form and, by extension, the techniques of flame breathing.

As time passed, Regoku's mannerisms began to rub off on Kyameron even more, becoming more flamboyant and louder than ever. He also adopted Rengoku's smile and extraverted nature.

In between these periods, Kyameron would receive letters and messages from Urokodaki about Tanjiro's progress. He was delighted to hear that his brother had completed his training and was now taking his final test to gain permission to go to Final Selection. Kyameron sent his words of encouragement for Tanjiro, making him feel very proud.

One day, while honing his breathing, Rengoku approached him, "Kyameron, I have seen the messages you send your brother, Tanjiro! Would you mind explaining why?!" He asked.

"Of course not, Master! I send those messages to my brother because I want to make sure he is doing his best! I don't want him to fall behind me! I want my brother to be my equal! That's why I always ensure to send my messages!"

"I see! Very honourable! You also speak of a sister who never wakes up! Is she alright?!" He asked.

Kyameron swallowed, "Crap, I never told him Nezuko was a demon! What do I do?!"

"Well?!" Rengoku said

"Yes, Master. My sister is very, very ill. If it wasn't for Mr. Urokodaki, I don't believe she would be alive. I always check on her. I fear losing her every day."

Rengoku stood still, looking at the ground, "Kyameron, I want you to come with me," he said in a monotone voice. 

It was the first time Kyameron had ever heard his master like this. He knew not to question him. Rengoku led him silently. Neither of them said a word on their travel for the first time. After an hour or so, the two arrived at a graveyard. Kyameron had a hunch about what this meant.

Rengoku led him to a grave, which was marked very gently. It read, "Ruka Rengoku, loving mother and wife."

Kyameron was immediately saddened by reading this as he understood its meaning. Rengoku lowered his head, "My mother was a wonderful woman. From birth, she was always my rock. She taught me that with my incredible power to protect the ones weaker than me. I would not be who I am today without her," he said, "Kyameron, hearing your love for your family strongly reminds me of my own. I have a brother, as I told you all that time ago.  His name is Senjuro. He wasn't born with the gifts that I have. Because of this, my father despised him and heavily favourited me, which bothered me. I asked him to be more considerate, but he merely ignored me. Then, my mother got terminally sick..."

Rengoku's usually upbeat and charismatic soul turned sombre, as this was clearly a touchy subject for him, "My father blamed it on Senjuro's birth, and thus, began to despise him even further. As I progressed, I always wanted to help Senjuro as well. Just as you with your brother, Tanjiro. As my mother got worse, so did my father's treatment of Senjuro. I tried to distract myself with training, but I couldn't. Once my mother passed on, my father became a drunk and still is. When I became a Hashira, I looked for validation. I didn't get anything from him."

Kyameron didn't dare speak. He continued to listen to Rengoku, "However, Senjuro came to me and said he was proud. He was proud of me for reaching my dreams. I promised him that I would help him get stronger. But I never expected to be so busy with my missions. I never really get a chance to. That is why, Kyameron, I would like to pass on that promise to you."

"What do you mean, master?"

"I wish you to continue supporting your brother. Make sure he grows strong with you. Do what I couldn't."

"Yes, master. Whatever you ask."

"Thank you, Kyameron. You truly are my student," Rengoku said, battling the negative emotions in his head.

The two returned to their training grounds, both exchanging stories of their families and the happy times they had with them. The two shared laughs, growing even closer than before. The final two weeks of training passed, used to hone Kyameron's abilities to their absolute peak before Final Selection, which was coming up fast. Rengoku assured Kyameron that he had no doubts in his mind that he would pass the test. As for his level, he was incredibly advanced.

During this time, Rengoku gave Kyameron an outfit inspired by his own to wear at Final Selection. It was an orange coat with flames rising from the bottom, white undergarments and pants with red boots featuring a firey texture. Kyameron looked exactly like Rengoku's student.

On the day of Final Selection, a Crow arrived early in the morning with Directions to Fujikasane Mountain. Kyameron met Rengoku in the courtyard of their training grounds to discuss the rules one last time, "Remember, my student! Seven days, Seven Nights within! Demon's run amok at night, rest during the daytime! Trust your senses, and destroy any demon who gets in your way! Protect any slayer you come across! Is that clear?!"

"Yes, Sir!" Kyameron said,

"Brilliant! I wish you luck, my student, though you will not need it! Hahaha!"

"I will take it anyways, Master! Hahaha! I will see you soon!" Kyameron said, following the crow to Mount Fujikasane.