Chapter 19.

________________________________________________________________________________

(Quick heads up, this chapter is pretty boring. It consists of Tanjiro talking to the two friendly demons and getting a bunch of exposition dumped out. If you've seen the anime or read the official manga, you probably know this stuff already. Besides, having Kyameron here doesn't really make a difference. If you want to skip a chapter, skip this one.)

________________________________________________________________________________

Across Tokyo, back at the Udon stand which Tanjiro had run off from. One of the two siblings he had left had woken up, and it was his younger sister, Nezuko. She rose from the bench and sat up to a livid cart owner, "Hey! Hey! Little girl!"

Nezuko looked at the man with blank eyes, "Where'd that guy you were with runoff to?! He didn't eat any of his noodles, and he didn't pay me either!" the owner yelled. Nezuko continued staring at the cart owner, blissfully unaware of the situation. All she saw was another goofy family member. Tanjiro came running over the horizon towards them. When the shop owner noticed him, he was immediately angry with him, "Hey! You! You broke my bowl!"

Tanjiro came running up, "I'm so sorry! Here, I have money for the bowl and the food-"

"It's not about the money! What I can't forgive, however, is your lack of intent to eat my Udon, alright?"

"I'm sorry, sir, something important came up! Please serve me another bowl!"

"Are you gonna eat it?"

"Yes!"

"All of it?!"

"Yes!!"

"Alright! You are too, little girl! Take that bamboo off your mouth! You're eating my Udon, too! What is that thing anyway?! Take these chopsticks! Chopsticks!!" the owner yelled, Nezuko staring back at him with her blank and dull eyes.

Tanjiro grabbed the man by the wrist, "I'd like a bowl of Udon! TWO bowls of Udon!" he said.

"R-right,"

Quickly, the owner made two bowls of Udon and gave them to Tanjiro. He scarfed down the first bowl extremely quickly, shocking the owner. He went to grab the second bowl but stopped when he heard a strange rumbling noise. He looked over to see Kyameron conscious, "F-food...?" he said groggily.

"Kyameron! You're finally awake!" Tanjiro said, hugging him.

"Yeah... anyway, food...?"

Tanjiro's face sank, "You'll never change," he said, grabbing the second bowl of Udon and handing it to him. He promptly devoured it faster than Tanjiro had the first one. The cart owner was shocked at how quickly these two ate his food, as he looked on with a surprised expression. 

"Thanks for the meal, sir!" Kyameron yelled.

"Yes! Thank you very much!" Tanjiro said, taking Nezuko by the hand and walking away. The three only got a bit up the path before Nezuko stopped, her expression turning angry and untrusting, "What is it, Nezuko?" Tanjiro asked. He looked ahead to see the boy with that demon woman from earlier standing under a tree, "You've been waiting for us?" he asked.

"I got ordered to bring you to see her," the boy said.

"I could've tracked you by scent," Tanjiro said

"She's in a place that's under a cloaking spell. No way you could find it,"

"Cloaking?"

"Anyways, isn't that girl you're with a demon? And an eyesore to boot."