Chapter 61.

Butterflies danced around the room in a chorus of cheer, even if their voices were too minuscule to hear. They didn't care. They danced and sang regardless.

Though their voices were not audible enough to wake someone from a slumber, landing underneath one's nose will certainly do the job. Almost on cue, an amazingly beautiful yellow, white and red butterfly landed on Kyameron's upper lip, causing him to sneeze violently and shoot awake. Rambling for a few moments while trying to regain his composure, his focus settled on the opening door, 'Hello?' A voice said, 'Kyameron? You awake?'

'Yea..., yea, I'm up. Come in,' He answered, rubbing his nose and eyes.

The hinges creaked as the door opened to reveal Shinobu once again, 'I'm glad you're awake so early. From what your brother has told me, waking you up is about as hard as fighting an upper moon.' She joked.

'Yeah, I've heard that,' he replied, 'I've also heard I snore like a bear. Did he mention that?'

'Oh he didn't have to mention it. When you were sleeping in my medical room after your injury, I could hear you down the corridor.'

He gave a self-depreciating laugh, 'I can't help it.'

'Well, yes you could,' She rebutted, 'Don't breathe through your mouth at night.'

He rolled his eyes, 'Yeah, yeah, and why don't I just kill Muzan.'

'That would be fantastic! When can you?'

He groaned while rolling his eyes again, 'What is it you need from me?'

'Time for another patrol! Get out of bed, get into your attire, and meet me by the gate.'

'Wha-'

'See you there!' She chirped, sliding out the door and gracefully closing it behind her. Kyameron was speechless, stuck underneath his now heavy covers. It took all he had to throw them off and crawl out of the comforting cotton, but he managed to hail himself away and to the closet. His uniform was clean of dirt from the night before, courtesy of Aoi washing it overnight. However, something was still missing. Something of particular value to his profession; a nichirin sword. His uniform looked incomplete without his blade sheathed in its waistband. He lamented the loss of his most prized possession, but quickly dropped the topic after remembering how it got smashed.

Sliding into the warm uniform and giving his hair a quick flush with his hand, he opened the door and started for the front gate. Oddly enough, he seemingly was the last to awaken in the mansion, based on the facts of voices tainting the commonly calm and tranquil nature of the mansion. Trouncing like a zombie through the hallways while dragging his feet was a chore in and of itself, but he dreaded the inevitable run that awaited him once he joined Shinobu out front.

The mansion's gates came into sight, and he pushed them open with a lethargy of a bear fresh from hibernation. The main gate was within seeing distance, but still felt hundreds of kilometers away. The walk to it was worse than anything else, and he was especially disappointed at Shinobu not being there.

After a quick look around, his ears finally woke up to hear a conversation, 'Yes, it was good to catch up with you. Take care of yourself.' Shinobu said. Soon after, the gates slid open to reveal her, 'Oh good, you're here.' She said.

'Yeah, barely.'

'Still tired?'

'Yeah. Very.'

'That's alright, I've got something to wake you up,' She said, 'Haganezuka! He's here!'

Kyameron's heart dropped into his stomach, beating so fast that it made him want to vomit up acid. He glared at Shinobu with almost murderous intent, and she smiled back like usual. He couldn't glare for long, however, as manic and extraordinarily fast footsteps came rocketing towards the gate, and before long it had flew open. There stood Haganezuka, and despite his mask, you could tell the look on his face put Kyameron's death glare to shame. 'YOU.' He bellowed.