Chapter Seven

LYRA
________

"I get it, you're small. But I'm certain you can walk faster than that."

I rolled my eyes, not expecting any different from the enemy that I had seemed to form in this territory.

I was sure all of them hated me since I belonged to the pack they despised, but they had dragged me here by force. If not for them, I wouldn't be here in the first place. Not that I was complaining completely, I wanted to be out of that pack anyway. But being here wasn't exactly my desired destination. 

"Just ignore him." Zynthéa's voice brought me some comfort.

"How do you cope with him?" I whispered back.

I felt sorry for her. Having a mate like Dyami suddenly made me feel less sad about not having mine. The man ahead of us came to a sudden halt.

"You do realise that I'm not stupid. I can hear you, loud and clear."

Of course, stupid Wolves had enhanced hearing. I mumbled a quick apology.

Zynthéa laughed. "He's not so bad," she replied, sending her mate a genuine smile. "He's just unique."

I glanced between the pair and cringed inwardly. The thought of mates suddenly seemed revolting to me. I wasn't sure how I felt so calm, but it helped me think clearly and I was constantly reminding myself of my plan; to escape.

We only walked another ten minutes or so before we arrived at our final destination.

I gawked at the black marbled covered interior that was exposed by the glass walls. I was surprised at how open the house was. Anyone could see the inside and the beauty was breathtaking.

In my entire existence, I had never seen such exquisite design. It was so dark and mysterious, yet cosy and intriguing. The house pulled me toward it and I wanted to go inside without awaiting an invitation. It was the strangest feeling.

"I have missed that reaction," Zynthéa grinned.

Her gaze was on me and when she noticed my puzzled face, she explained, "This house gets that same reaction from people outside of our pack. It's nice to see others appreciate what we take advantage of."

"Ah," I responded, embarrassed to have been caught.

I didn't say anything else, instead followed behind quietly. The closer that we got to the entrance of the building, the more my heart raced. I was nervous. What if the Alpha ordered to kill me?

My breathing suddenly became heavier and the exhaustion that I had subsided, suddenly dawned on me. I could feel my pace slowing down.

"Do I need to carry her?" Dyami's voice, hard, brought my focus on him.

I narrowed my eyes at him.

If only I had been more powerful, I would have at least tried to hurt him just to feed my ego a little bit. He was getting on my very last nerve.

"She seems tired, Dy. Give her a break," his mate defended.

"I don't owe her anything. She is the enemy."

Zynthéa sighed. "Do it for me then, please."

Dyami cocked his head to the side and arched a brow at her.

"I don't understand why you're defending her. You don't even know her."

The girl beside me shrugged. "I know she's not a threat, and I don't see why you can't just take my word for it."