Chapter Thirty Five - Epilogue

LYRA
________

"I think it's a girl."

"No, it's definitely a boy."

"Does it matter?"

Ava and Jaxon glared at Adam. "Of course it matters!" the girl cried.

"I mean, as long as the baby is healthy," Adam shrugged. "The gender shouldn't really be an issue."

"Oh, sorry, party pooper," Ava responded, rolling her eyes.

Adam, in return, looked dumbfounded.

"It's okay baby, we will have a girl when we try for pups," Matteo murmured to his mate.

"I bet you'll have a boy," Jaxon taunted, and wiggled his brows at Ava.

"Shouldn't you be looking for your mate?" the girl sneered.

Jaxon shrugged. "I'm in no rush to find her. That shit seems too cringe for me anyway, I mean look at the two of you." He pointed to Ava and her mate, and faked a shudder.

Ava picked up a pink dummy from the table of goods and aimed it at Jaxon, who swiftly ducked. Instead, the pink silicone piece landed on Dyami, who snarled in return.

"Does whoever threw that want to die?" he bellowed.

"Oops, sorry," Ava quickly apologised before diverting her gaze.

I chuckled softly at my best friend. Our lives had changed an insane amount within months.

We had gone from rarely seeing each other, to always being around each other. And that was all thanks to my mate, who was currently stood behind me with his arms wrapped around my waist.

He had learned to trust them quickly because of their protective instinct for me. And that had been evidence enough to prove their loyalty. Regardless, I was incredibly grateful.

As if on cue, Alexander's arms tightened around me, bringing my focus back on him. My breathing hitched slightly when I felt his lips on my ear.

"When are we trying for pups?" he whispered low enough only for me to hear.

I could feel my face heat up at his question and I let my eyes roam over my friends, to make sure none of them had heard my mate before I looked at him over my shoulder.

"Technically, we have been trying for months now," I reminded him, teasingly.

My mate grinned and pecked my cheek. "I suppose you are right. I'm waiting for the day you tell me the good news."

His words made me frown. "You want to have kids?"

Alexander chuckled lightly. "Not right now, baby. I am not ready to share you with those dirty little creatures, yet."

I sighed in relief and leaned in to him, letting my back rest against his chest. We were definitely not ready for kids yet, but the thought of having them was nice.

"You do want pups, eventually, right?" he asked, curiously.

I smiled at the thought. "Eventually, yes."

My mate grinned against my skin and he pecked my cheek again, trailing kisses down my jaw until he settled on my mark.

"Mhmm," he hummed. "You are perfect, baby."

His lips on my skin was starting to excite my Wolf, it wasn't the best time or space for it. But I couldn't push him away. It felt too good.

I was grateful when Dyami snapped us out of it.