Chapter Thirty Two

LYRA
________

The room fell silent and my thoughts echoed loudly.

Everything moved in slow motion, including the time it took for the words to register.

The father that I had blamed for abandoning me, was killed by Gabriel's father? Jaxon's father. And Gabriel had been aware of it.

Adam's words replayed in my head over and over again, but I found myself numb and detached from reality. So many questions ran through my mind. Why had my mother hidden the truth? Did Jaxon and Ava know the truth too?

When my eyes landed on the auburn haired girl, her shocked face told me she hadn't known. Her gaze was on me, eyes filled with sadness and pain. She mimed something that I could not understand, or did not want to understand.

Alexander had called my name a couple of times both out loud and in the mind link, but I was too stunned to respond to him.

Everyone around me seemed to know my father, Alpha Joseph, except for me. Now, the only thing I knew about him was that he had been murdered and taken from me.

"Shit," I heard my mate mutter by my side. "All of you leave, I need to make sure my girl is alright."

"But," Adam responded before Alexander cut him off.

"I will tell her the rest. Thank you Adam," he told the curly haired boy sternly.

I watched as the people around us slowly exited. They all gave me a pitiful look. Ava didn't seem to want to leave but Matteo guided her away. I wasn't sure how to feel.

Alexander turned me in his arms, bringing my focus on him.

"Lyra," he murmured, bringing his hand to wipe at my cheek. "I am so sorry."

Only then did I snap out of my trance and realised that I was crying.

"What just happened?" I asked, but my voice came out in a whisper.

"Seeing you like this makes me want to dig up that bastard's grave," Alexander snarled, his forehead creasing.

"They killed my father," I whimpered, the words finally registering. "Growing up, I hated him and blamed him for abandoning us, but Gabriel's father took him away from us."

When the sobs that I had suppressed finally escaped, Alexander pulled me close in to him and let me cry.

"I'm here, baby," he cooed, rubbing my lower back soothingly. "I should have made him suffer before killing him, if only I had known what he did to you sooner."

I sniffled at his words and pulled away slightly. "How did you know?"

"We had one of the pups locked up," he explained, whilst tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear. "After Dyami tortured her enough to get her to speak, she revealed the truth."

I took a moment to process his words, wondering when this had all taken place.

"What Adam told you," he mumbled, his gaze holding mine. "That was just a fraction of the truth."