Chapter Sixteen

LYRA
________

Alexander had left to attend to pack business after he had made me breakfast for the second time. I felt spoiled, but that hadn't been my intention.

To my surprise, Zynthéa hadn't returned at her brothers' absence. Maybe Alexander trusted me now. I was surprised that a kiss was all it took for him to trust me.

Once I had cleaned up after myself, I decided to plop myself down on the sofa and turn the television on.

I didn't watch TV much, but in that moment there wasn't much else that I could do. I decided after digesting my food, I would go for a run. I wanted to familiarise myself with the territory if I was to plan an escape.

Fifteen minutes later, and I was ready to exit the pack house. I shifted immediately since I wasn't wearing running clothes and made no attempt to find gym gear.

Silver Crescent territory was large and exquisite. If a pack looked expensive, it would be this one.

The waterfalls and rivers scattered throughout made it seem tropical. I was in awe at how beautiful the piece of land was. I wasn't sure how long I ran for, but I slowed down my pace when my bones started to ache.

My Wolf and I were slowly getting used to each other and I had learned to shift and communicate with her.

"You shouldn't be here," a voice snarled, making me yelp in the process. Dyami was glaring at me hard in his human form. "Leave before you get hurt."

I growled lowly at him, not appreciating his order. In my Wolf form, I was definitely not nervous around him.

From what I had gathered, I was above him in rank. I didn't appreciate the tone he used to speak to me.

"We are having a briefing. This isn't a place for a small she-Wolf like you," he explained, his voice stern. "The pack still don't know you, you could get hurt if you're caught."

I snarled at him, but when I heard voices echo in the woods, I decided there was no use to fight this boy. I was in their territory after all. Instead I sneered in his direction but turned to leave in the opposite.

As much as I disliked Dyami, I couldn't really hate him. There was something that made me want to understand him.

Ignoring his instructions, I decided to run around the area to understand how their training worked.

I had only seen my pack train a couple of times before my mother passed away, and their training was intimidating.

Most of the times, only a couple of she-Wolf fighters were involved, most were exceptionally large male-Wolves.

When I took notice of the clearing where over twenty Wolves were, I decided to settle by a small tree to hide myself. They could hear me and smell me if they wanted to, but right now they were too occupied to notice my presence.

Unlike Pale Moon, Silver Crescent had no female fighters. It made me frown, but I also tried to understand the reason.

Female fighters were strong, but not strong enough to against large male Wolves. It wasn't impossible, but it was rare. Male Wolves were stronger than females by nature, to protect their mate.

"Have the rounds been completed?"

At the sound of Alexander's voice, my Wolf purred and my ears perked up. Alexander, however, frowned. He lifted his head up and I dipped my mine in to the ground, hoping he hadn't seen me.

"Two rounds were carried out in the early hours of the morning and we have just completed another two," an unfamiliar voice responded.

My mate cleared his throat. "Safety check?"