Chapter Thirty One

LYRA
________

Ava and Matteo were already at the pack house when Alexander and I arrived. My mate went to fetch clothes, meanwhile I turned to my friends.

The pair rushed to me and embraced me tightly. Ava was crying and Matteo was trying to comfort her.

"The doctor has confirmed both Théa and the Wolf are healing quickly," Alexander told me when he returned fully clothed.

He placed himself on the sofa and I was about to take a seat next to him when he grabbed me by the waist and pulled me to his lap.

His arms wrapped around my waist to hold me in place, and his chin rested on my shoulder. I allowed myself to lean back in to him, needing the comfort.

"You are mine," Alexander murmured in to my neck, inhaling my scent. "Your safety is everything, Lyra."

Smiling, I pulled my arm around his neck to lean closer in to him. Having him around made the day seem less horrifying.

"Do you want to tell me now?" I asked.

"Théa and Jaxon are almost here, we will wait for them," he responded, his voice on edge.

Before I could ask him about what was bothering him, the two injured pair strutted through the door. Without warning, I hopped off my mate's lap and ran towards the pair.

"Easy," Jaxon warned, but embraced me back when I attacked him.

"Are you okay? Does it hurt a lot?" I asked when I pulled back to examine him.

"I'm okay. Are you?"

I nodded and turned my attention to Zynthéa. After hugging and exchanging a few words of endearment, I returned to my previous position on my mate's lap.

A couple of minutes later and Adam had joined us in the living room. Ava and Matteo were seated together, Dyami had Zynthéa pulled close to him on another sofa, and Jaxon was seated on the floor with his back against the sofa. Adam was pacing around.

"Safety check has been run by me," Adam confirmed. "No one seems hurt, but Stylus has yet to confirm."

"Very well. Thank you Adam," my mate spoke behind me, his voice vibrating through his chest.

"The Wolves were disposed?"

"Correct. They have been returned to their pack, respectively."

"I should have ripped that bastard apart a long time ago," Alexander bellowed.

I rubbed my hand gently across his chest in an effort to calm his Wolf. His eyes turned to me and something flashed in them.

He gave me a pained look. "I have never struggled with my words until now."

"That's okay," I reassured him. "Don't exert yourself."

"It is not okay," he argued. "What he did to you, it's unforgivable."

"I know but he's dead," I reminded him. "We won't have to deal with him again."