Chapter Seventeen

LYRA
________

"Let me go," I demanded, warningly.

"I don't know where you think you are going, but you are going back with me."

I snarled, loudly, earning a growl from my Wolf. She didn't appreciate that I was mad at Alexander for capturing Jaxon.

"Don't speak to me like that," I snapped.

"When you act like my Luna, then I will treat you like one," he spat back, his arms on my waist tightening.

"You have my best friend locked up," I reminded him, feeling a knot in my stomach. "You didn't even tell me!"

"We will talk about this back at the house. There are too many Wolves around here."

"Let me go, Alexander."

It was the first time that I had said his name out loud and I saw the effect it had on him.

He released me enough to make me turn in his arms. His eyes were coated with a black sheet, his jaw clenched. He looked furious. I frowned. What did he have to be angry about? I was the angry one.

"Let's go," he said at last, taking my hand roughly in his and leading us back in the direction to his house.

I tried to pull my hand out of his, but Alexander only tightened his hand around mine. We walked in silence until we entered his house.

He then shoved me inside and shut the door behind him hard. In a swift motion, he had the shutters drawn and we were in private with no exposure from the outside.

So his house did have privacy.

Alexander pulled me up against the glass door roughly, covering my small frame with his exceptionally large one.

He looked intimidating, but I didn't feel fear. I knew he had hurt many Wolves, but my Wolf trusted him not to hurt us.

"You will never," he breathed, his voice husky and powerful. "Ever run away like that again. I mean it."

I glared at him. "You have me here by force and you have my best friend locked up. What were you expecting?"

"Are you stupid?"

I thought I heard him wrong and stared at him blankly. Did he really just call me stupid?

"You did not just ask me that," I gaped.

"Do you know how dangerous it is for you out there right now?" he bellowed, his voice hard.

I scoffed. "You said it yourself that I was safe here!"

He growled lowly. "I said you were safe in my house not out in the open, roaming around like a Rogue!"

"I was out for a run earlier and that didn't appear to be an issue. But now this is?"

"This is different!"

"Let me go," I repeated, struggling to break free from his hold again.

"I am not letting you go until you promise you will not repeat that stupidity again," he hissed.

"Let go! You're hurting me," I partially lied in hopes he would let me go.

His grip on me wasn't enough to cause pain, but it wasn't exactly comfortable. My Wolf on the other hand, wanted more of his touch. I ignored her.

As expected, Alexander dropped his hands immediately at my words and examined me. "Are you alright? I didn't mean to hurt you."

My eyes narrowed at his words. "Like you never wanted to hurt my pack?"

"This is your pack now!" he growled, his eyes dark again.

"You hurt my people!" I cried, feeling all the emotions that I had suppressed resurface. "And now you're doing the same thing to Jaxon!"

Alexander inhaled a sharp breath and closed his eyes. His forehead leaned on the door by my side, and I exhaled loudly, mainly to control my breathing so I didn't cry.

"I didn't kill anyone intentionally," he elaborated, his voice hardly above a whisper. "Many Wolves died because of what happened."

"That is a lame excuse," I accused, giving him a side glare.

He chuckled softly with no humour. "You have no idea what I have dealt with."

"Am I supposed to sympathise with you? You are their leader and you lead them to the murder of so many innocent Wolves."

"You don't know the full story, do you?" Alexander asked, pulling his forehead away from the glass so he could glance down at me.

"I have heard enough, and now you have Jaxon locked up which doesn't really go in your favour," I responded, my voice low.

Alexander glanced down at me with intense eyes. They were dark and hard. But instead of responding to me, he lowered his head and pressed his lips to mine hard. I was caught off guard, but nevertheless enjoyed his touch.

It was an angry kiss, if that was even the way to describe it. When his tongue pressed inside of my mouth, I could feel how rough he was being. His hand on my waist squeezed hard, meanwhile, the other cupped my head, holding my face still for him to kiss me harder.

I was enjoying the kiss a bit too much, when a loud knock had me jumping in his arms. We pulled apart, and I leaned my head against his chest to catch my breath.

"Shit. Not right now," my mate groaned against me. "Go upstairs, I will deal with this quickly."

He pecked my lips a couple of more times before ushering me towards the stairs.

Without putting up a fight, I did as I was told. I didn't really have much interest in his pack anyway, and wasn't intrigued to know who was at the door. I was annoyed because I wanted to know more about what had happened between the packs, and I wanted to see Jaxon.

To know he was in the same territory excited me, but saddened me at the same time because my mate refused my visit to him.

"Mother," I heard Alexander say as I reached the top of the stairs.

Panic struck my whole body as I took in what this meant. His mother was here. Right after our heated make out session. Yikes, at least the shutters had been down. I prayed silently that she wasn't aware of my existence. The formalities frightened me and I was not prepared to meet her.

"Alexander, my dear boy," his mother's voice, stern, responded. "What has happened?"

"I'm not sure I follow, Mother."

"The shutters are down, dear. You only have them down when there is something wrong."

"It was a little bright earlier, I will have them back up soon," my mate quickly lied and I fought the urge to snort.

After the sound of a few kisses, I heard the door to the house shut. At first, I thought maybe she had left and almost relaxed, but then I heard the clicking of heels.

I tiptoed back to my room and ever so gently closed my bedroom door, knowing if she was tuning in, she could hear me. But I was praying her son was keeping her occupied.

I was worried about listening in on their conversation and not be able to get away from it with my enhanced hearing, but when I heard the sound of a door closing from below, I realised Alexander's house was soundproof. I could no longer hear them.

Exhaling loudly, I decided to explore Alexander's room since mine didn't really have anything fun. I exited out of the bedroom to find his.

Unlike last time, I decided to explore properly and not get distracted by the view from his window.

There was a door that pulled me toward it. I slowly walked over and turned the knob, revealing an exceptionally large walk-in closet.

Evidently, the boy was rich.