Chapter Twenty Four

ALEXANDER
______________

"The Wolf boy won't st-," Adam started saying as soon as his eyes landed on me, but his sentence cut off when I spared him no time. "Alpha?"

Ignoring the young Wolf, I darted toward the underground prison. The closer that I got to the enemy, the angrier I felt.

My Wolf was ready to shred the trio to pieces.

"What is going on?" I faintly heard the girl in the cell ask, shrinking closer to the boy she always seemed cuddled up with.

I paid no attention to her, instead snarled at Gabriel's younger brother. The guard swiftly opened the cell door and I lunged myself at the boy.

My fist connected with his jaw immediately, making the boy stumble a few steps back.

"What the fuck?" he hissed, standing up straight again.

"Tell me where she is," I demanded, stepping closer to him.

Jaxon scoffed. "You have me locked in here and expect me to know the whereabouts of your mate? Shouldn't you already know where she is?"

The sound of my knuckles connecting with the boy's mandible for a second time satisfied my Wolf.

"She was fine before I allowed her to come down here and speak with you!"

"Hit me one more time, I fucking dare you," Jaxon challenged, spitting out the bloody content in his mouth.

"I will do more than just hit you, pup," I warned.

My Wolf was at bay, and I was going to tear the boy to shreds as a matter of time.

"I can see why she would run away from you," the boy said, chuckling softly.

His words tugged at my last nerve, and before I could think twice, I had him cornered up and pulled up against the wall.

My fingers tightened around his neck, cutting off the oxygen supply to the boy. He appeared panicked, as he should.

"Please, stop," the girls' voice rang in my ears, but that caused for my Wolf to growl even louder.

He wanted his mate, and I wanted Lyra. Not for a second did I believe that the trio had no knowledge of my mate's location.

"She's back in Pale Moon," the third Wolf muttered, coughing as he spoke.

Glaring at him over my shoulder, I eyed him with hard eyes, wondering if I could trust the enemy.

The boy swallowed hard, but kept his gaze down. "Alpha Gabriel has her."

I arched a brow, not believing him. There was no way my mate would reject me for Gabriel.

The thoughts running through my head served to confuse me.

My grip on Jaxon dropped, causing the boy to fall to the ground unexpectedly.

"Why would Alpha Gabriel have her?" the girl in the cell asked the same question that I was curious about.

Jaxon turned to me. "I don't care if you see me as the enemy right now, Lyra is important to both of us, evidently," he told me, his eyes black. "If you can't let me leave then at least go after her."

My eyes narrowed at him. Either he thought I was stupid, or he didn't have a very good relationship with his brother.

"You do not tell me what to do, pup," I warned him. "I do not trust your little friend over there."