Chapter Twenty Three

ALEXANDER
______________

"You did what?!"

"Baby, calm down first."

The girl brushed her mate's hands away from her. "Do not touch me right now, Dy. I will hurt you!"

Dyami in response, stepped back and held his hands in the air. "Okay, easy."

My little sister turned her gaze back on me, her eyes coated with a darker shade. "Please tell me what you just said didn't actually happen."

Shrugging, I skimmed over the paperworks in my hands. "I do not see the issue. I had to do it, she belongs to me, and now every Wolf will know that."

Zynthéa sighed in exasperation. "Don't you see how messed up that is, Xander?"

"Watch your words, Théa," I warned her.

"You marked her without her permission! Don't you see how screwed up that is?"

Her words caused my Wolf to growl loudly. Closing the folder shut, I handed it back to Adam and turned to my sister.

"You will not question anything that I do, especially if it has to do with my mate!"

Zynthéa glanced at me, sadness filling her eyes. "What's happened to you? You were never like this."

I arched a brow at her. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"You claimed her without permission, Xander," she repeated. "You could have at least told her what you were planning on doing."

"I was going to mark her either way," I responded, casually. "It was to keep her safe whilst I run around with pack business."

Anger cursed through me as I recalled the moment before I had claimed my mate. She had talked about Gabriel, almost as if she longed for him. It still confused me as how it was possible for her to be mated to the two of us.

"Where is she? Is she at least okay?" Zynthéa asked, concerned.

Dyami snarled. "Why are you so worried about her?"

"We've been over this," she snapped at him. "You can either learn to respect her as your Luna or stay out of my business."

Dyami whistled out loud, and disappeared without sparing her another glance. Adam waited for my instructions, meanwhile Zynthéa glared at me. For a small Wolf, she was quite intimidating.

"She should be at my house. If she is asleep, do not wake her," I told her and watched as my sister darted away.

Adam filled me in on the situation with the imprisoned trio, and the rest of the Rogues that were captured.

Nothing of interest or concern arose, so I dismissed him and decided to head back to my mate. I shouldn't have been at the prison grounds in the first place, but Adam liked to exaggerate matters.

On my way back, I pondered on my sister's words.

Maybe Zynthéa was right, maybe what I had done in the moment hadn't been ideal. I could have dealt with it better, but knowing my mate, she wouldn't have allowed me to mark her for a long time. I needed to know that she was safe.

Since she didn't grow up in the pack, I had no way of communicating with her. Claiming her was the best way to do so.

'Alexander, stop messing around with me!'

Zynthéa's voice in my head confused me.

'What are you saying?'

'Lyra. She isn't here. Where is she?'