Chapter Twenty Six

LYRA
________

Alexander gently placed me on the sofa in his living room before walking away.

Ava took a seat by my side, meanwhile Dyami was stood by the window, staring out hard.

My mate returned with a glass of water in his hand. He held his arm out for me to take the glass. I caught a glimpse of his facial expression before I gratefully took the glass.

"Thank you," I whispered.

Alexander didn't respond, but the corner of his mouth lifted slightly. It was enough to give me butterflies.

"It's just water," I heard Ava whisper beside me.

I narrowed my eyes at her, but she gave me a sheepish grin. I was grateful, but also surprised that Alexander trusted her to be here with us.

"Stylus confirmed that no one has trespassed," Dyami spoke, turning his torso until his gaze met my mate's.

Alexander, who was leaned against the wall, nodded at the boy's words.

"Who's Stylus?" Ava asked, curiously.

Her words made the rest of us glance at her, and although, the name sounded familiar, I was curious too.

"The head guard of my pack," Alexander explained, calmly.

Then I remembered. The day that Zynthéa tried to help me leave the pack, it was the same guard that we had encountered.

Ava muttered something, but when my mate's eyes locked with mine, I completely blocked out my surroundings, not understanding what the girl beside me was saying.

Every doubt that I had about Alexander suddenly seemed unfair. Almost as if him saving me had been his way of proving his innocence.

My mate arched a brow. 'What's wrong?'

The mind-link. I had completely forgot about that. I tore my eyes away from his and glanced at the other two quickly before shrugging.

'I think we should talk.'

My mate chuckled softly, causing the three of us to glance his way.

"It is hardly six in the morning," he stated out loud, pointing to the big clock on the wall. "We will rest first and formulate a plan later."

Dyami wanted to argue otherwise, but my mate wasn't giving in. Taking in their appearances, they seemed exhausted. Again, because of me.

'Ava doesn't need to go back to the cell, right?'

Alexander's gaze landed on me again, something flashed in his eyes and he clenched his jaw.

'I suppose the Wolf has proved herself. She can stay in one of the guest rooms.'

At his words, my lips broke out in to a wide smile. I was aware of how hard it had been for him to trust any of us from his enemy pack, so for him to let my best friend stay in the house was a big deal.

'Can you let Jaxon and Matteo come too?'

'Let's not push it, okay?'

My luck ended there and I pouted at him. But he was quickly distracted by Dyami who was taking his leave.

"Alpha, Luna," he said, bowing his head.

I raised a brow at his sudden change in demeanour. The last time that I had interacted with the boy, he wanted to chew me up. But I wasn't complaining, perhaps he liked me now.