8

Both women's eyes widened before the e/c eyed beauty shot up from the chair and dashed out of the shop, followed by her crow.

———————————————————
The Forest was quiet. Too quiet for most people's linking. Nothing could be heard.

It was night and most people were asleep. And so was the forest.

That was until there where loud footsteps heard.

The Person the footsteps belonged to where no other than the goddess of space and time, y/n l/n.

She was rushing, hoping, even begging she wouldn't be to late. She cursed herself for overusing her abilities to teleport just to show it to Yoru. She wasn't used to having people wanting her to use it so often.

She wasn't in shape anymore. Back at her home, somewhere between space and time, no one would ever come visit her or even ask her to use her abilities so freely. The only thing she had to take care of was that space and time were in shape and that no one would even think of changing it.

She had a big responsibility with that, since if someone who wasn't y/n herself would change something about space or time it could easily influence fate. Fate is something the goddess of space and time is actually not in charge of. She just keeps people from influencing it with keeping them away from anything that has to do with space or time.

Of course she shows her New friends, the demon slayers, and her crow some of her abilities, but it is different since they don't use it for their own good and she doesn't use it to change any of their fates.

Even though this could change tonight.

Y/n got the Message that Kyojurou Rengoku, the flame hashira and her close friend, was fighting against an uppermoon demon, which could result in his death, not to long ago and was running at full speed since then.

She was tired. She would love to use her teleport abilities now or even the ability to stop time just to save some time. But she couldn't.

Not only she was extremely tired and worn out since she wasn't in shape anymore, so she couldn't use any of her abilities if she want to have the energy to save Kyojurou later, but she also had to follow the rules. She wasn't allowed to overuse her abilities, since that would maybe result in her dying from effort, and that is something that can't happen in any chase.

Of course she was immortal and if she would ever be hurt she would heal immediately, but if her soul is tired and she overused herself it is even for a immortal goddess hard to stay alive. Even though this rarely happens since the will to live of a god is really strong, but it's still something that y/n shouldn't test herself.

Slowly she reached the end of the forest and when she finally caught a climpse of what had happend, her heart stopped.

There stood Kyojurou.

Along with a demon that had his arm right through Kyojirous stomach.

This made y/n really angry. How dare this filthy demon to just stick his arm right through someone's stomach? A human at That? A creature that can't regenerate itself like a demon or a god, like herself, could.

She just stood there and stared at the scene before her. She knew she had to help Kyojurou but she couldn't risk to fight right now. Even through it wouldn't kill her to fight this demon, if she did she wouldn't have the energy to bring Kyojurou back from the brink of death.