21

With that the goddess turned her gaze back to the road ahead and began walking forward, full of confidence.
———————————

It has been several days since the disappearance of the mysterious goddess. No one knew where she was. There was no trace of her, it was as if she never existed in the first place.

While some of the slayers wanted to search for her, other insisted it would be better for her and them if they let her be. After all they were preparing for the last and final fight against the demons. An event they all were sure would go down in history.

The Hashira training had started not to long ago and everyone was motivated to get better, quickly forgetting about the friend that helped them come so far.

Everyone but one.

Kyojuro was completely devastated when he received the news of not only Y/n's but also Yorus disappearance. While he did had to train the lower ranks as a former Hashira, he was by far not as euphoric as his colleagues. He knew something would happen, something unexpected and catastrophic.

Time flew by and he could see his trainees getting stronger. He especially focused on the Kamaboko trio, knowing them awhile already. He could see not only their developing strength but also their character. Kyojuro also realized the change in Zenitsus personality, whether it was from the receiving the news of his former teachers death or the disappearance he himself had to deal with, he didn't know.

While the fiery haired man was walking down an aisle of his estate, he suddenly he a loud crash, followed by smoke painting the sky. He knew the direction where it came form.

Without a second thought he ran out of the estate and towards where he heard the sound. Soon enough he could see it, he could see where the smoke was coming from.

It was the Ubuyashiki estate, also know as the headquarters that were set ablaze. Kyojuro could only watch in shock as a dark figure dissolved from the fire. He hoped, he so dearly hoped it was his master. However as soon as his eyes focused on the man before him, all he could make out were those bloody red eyes that would surely haunt him in his dreams.

That's when he realized, whether his beloved goddess was here or not, whether she would help or not.

The final battle had already begun.

Somewhere and Sometime else, one could make out the silhouette of a person. This person seemed to float, with their legs crisscrossed,above the ground. The ground that one could not really describe as ground, seeing that it was made purely of a smokey gas, with no floor to be seen.

Taking a closer look towards the figure, one could make out the face of a beautiful women with features made from heaven itself. Her brows were knitted and her eyes closed, creating a concentrated expression on her normally relaxed face. Her long, h/c hair floated around her, making her seem even more divine then she truly was. A glowing, white aura surrounded the woman, as she mumbled small words to herself.

„No.. not that time"

„I need to find it..!"

„C'mon! Just a little more!"

„I'm so close.."

„When had it all begun?"