15

„Maybe I did the right thing."

———————————————
He didn't know what had happened.

Normally when a demon died, he would know it.

But not this time.

He knew that they were beheaded, but his connection to them suddenly disappeared. Something like this never happened before so he had no idea what the reason could be.

It had be two months since the sudden disappearance of the uppermoon six siblings and Muzan Kibutsuji still didn't know why or how something like this had happened.

Even though that he will announce the death of Daki and Gyutaro at the uppermoon meeting that will be held in less than an hour, he wasn't a hundred percent sure that they were dead.

After all he knew a certain goddess, that could do some fearsome things.

-somewhere else-

When Tanjiro awoke in one of the beds in the butterfly mansion, after a weird dream, he didn't expect that already two months had passed since his battle with the uppermoon six siblings, more less that he was all the time unconscious.

He was glad that everyone was fine and that Inosuke was also awake, even though Aoi and everyone else first thought he was still unconscious.

Tanjiro was also extremely sorry for worrying them all.

After a week Tanjiro was fully healed and could start his recovery training.

That was when things were getting weird.

Where ever he went he was always hearing some kind of... children laughing?

The only people he knew he could consider as children in the butterfly mansion were the three butterfly girls Kiyo, Naho and Sumi.

But none of them were the laughing children.

He knew that because the laughs were the ones of a boy and a girl, and because he asked them.

Some days in Tanjiros recovery training he finally got to see who the children were.

The girl had beautiful blue eyes and white hair, while the boy had black eyes and black hair.

While the girl always seemed to laugh, the boy did only smile.

Tanjiro wondered whose children they were, when it suddenly clicked.

Those two sweet kids were the uppermoon demons who tried to kill him and his friends nearly two months ago.

He remembered y/n using her magic on them to turn them back to humans.

He knew that they now still had the mindset of the kids they were before they were turned. He knew they didn't remember what they did. He knew they were just kids.

But that didn't help.

Even if they didn't remember what they were doing the last one hundred years, he certainly did, and so the rest of the demon slayer corps.