20

What have I done?
————————————————

It's been a few days after the Swordssmith village incident. The h/c haired woman's mind was filled with many thoughts. While she was happy that humanity managed to achieve victory once again, she came to realize the terrible mistake she made. Thinking she could solve everything that already has been decided and walk away with it.

It was only a matter of time before the universe would act, before her own fate would be decided. However she was prepared for the whatever punishment the universe decided to give her, she would accept it with open arms.

But she wanted to keep her connections to the mortal world, she desperately wanted to keep the friendships she made here. But she knew this was only a selfish wish of hers. Being given the role of a god came with responsibilities and rules she needed to follow. Not every decision one made was right, however there was one thing that should never happen. Interfering in the human realm with the intention of changing fate.

Even if the goddess' mind was plagued with those unpleasant thoughts, she needed to focus on the now and not what could be.

Not to long ago she was called into a hashira meeting by the one and only Kagaya Ubuyashiki. She was sitting in between the High ranked demon slayers while they discussed the freshly rediscovered demon slayer mark. But even if she was here with her body, her mind began to wander elsewhere. She had to draw a line.

Some of the present Humans kept looking her direction, worrying for the woman. After the meeting ended the woman immediately left. Of course she felt the presences that were following her.

After turning another corner to get out of the headquarters the h/c haired woman stopped. Tilting her head back, her mesmerizing e/c eyes met with golden ones. His flame like hair swayed in the wind while his face remained expressionless.

Oh he's not smiling

,,Kyojurou''

‚,Y/n.. is everything alright? You act so different from how you usually are..'', the flame hashira said, his expressionless face slowly turning into a worried one.

,,I'm fine. There is just much on my mind right now. I might need to go somewhere for some time.''

Right. It was always like this. Sometimes she was here, and sometimes she was not. She was no one you can keep in one place for long. There was no one that had control over her. Maybe that's what made her so interesting for him.

,,But you will come back again, right?'', Kyojurou asked, a sudden unpleasant feeling appearing.

,,... Of course.. I just.. you know, need some time. But don't worry I will be back!'' Even if this might be the last time i will see him.

The man closed his eyes and smiled ,,Then I trust you! Hope you will be back soon!'', he said, the unpleasant feeling disappearing again. The goddess had melancholic look in her eyes while smiling softly, which the flame boy couldn't see since his eyes where closed.

However a pair of ocean blue eyes, that happen to watch the interaction, saw the look in the woman's eyes. The owner of those eyes knew exactly what that meant. His black hair swayed in the wind while his emotions swayed aswell. Before, he was enthusiastic to talk with the goddess but that has now faded into sadness. His beautiful eyes kept getting duller, while the smile of his fellow hashira got wider as they both watched the woman walk away. One not knowing that the same woman might not come back, while the other did.