19

,,Tanjiro! I'm sorry about everything, I will tell you everything later, but let's defeat this annoying pal first!'', the h/c haired woman said smoothly.

———————————————
After hearing that, the young boy was determined than ever to defeat this demon, so he ran after the upppermoon four with Y/n following closely behind.

While running, the demon turned around and shrieked in horror. No, not because the boy with Hanafuda earrings, that reminded him of a really fearsome memory his master and several other demons shared, was close behind him. But because of the person that came running after the boy.

It was the woman his master feared and respected the most. The woman that interrupted the uppermoon meeting, insulted their master more than once and came out alive. The woman that wielded an immense amount of power. The woman he knew he shouldn't have messed with. The woman who would be the reason for his death with her presence only.

The one and only goddess of space and time.

Hatengu knew she could have killed him on the spot if she would have wanted to. So why didn't she? She probably wants him to have a painful death, right? Or does she wants him to get killed by the demon slayers with her aid to prove his master how weak the demons are compared to her and her praised humanity? He didn't know.

But what he knew was, that he was nearing his end.

The demon came running on an open area, with the sun rising soon.

While running out of the woods, a sword came flying towards Tanjiro. At first he was confused, but soon realized that none other than the mist hashira threw it to him, to grant him the chance to behead the uppermoon. And so he did.

With Y/n screaming ,,Do it!'', in the background, he used the hinokami kagura and easily sliced through the demons neck, successfully beheading him.  Tanjiro turned around expecting relieved faces, but only saw a panicking Nezuko running out of the forest. At first he was confused, but then he released that the sun was rising. But this was not why his sister was panicking. He screamed at his sister to get back into the shade, to not come over to him, but it was no use.

,,Tanjiro! Do not worry! Fulfill your duty and behead that annoying thing!'', turning to his right, he saw the goddess running to him. Wondering what she meant, when it hit him.

It wasn't the main body he beheaded.

He wanted to go and behead this bastard now, but he couldn't leave his sister to burn in the sun like wood in a forest full of flames. Tanjiro tried to shade the young girl with his body,but it was no use. Nezuko was already burning.

,,What are you waiting for? Go get him before he escapes!!'', Y/n appeared beside him.

,,But Nezuko—'', he tried to start.

,,GO'', the goddess commanded.

Tanjiro looked at the women with tears in his eyes before turning his attention back to his sister. When she suddenly threw him in the direction 0f the demon, leaving her in the burning sun.

Looking back, the boy saw the determined and pained look on his sisters face. Deciding it's best to fulfill her last wish, he turned around while flying. His face adored a determined look with tears falling from his eyes.