(I) Chapter 3 - Glimpse

[Nino's POV]

It's the last day of the sunrise festival. My three other sisters and I proceeded to the designated rooms as promised. To show our resolve to the one guy we like, we would wait for him. Whichever room he goes in would mean that he chooses that person.

Everything went as planned except for this one.

"What the hell are you doing here!?" I protested.

"Same goes for you! I was here first by the way..."

It's the annoying guy I first met yesterday on the second day of the Sunrise Festival. I don't know what's going on but I keep on bumping into him one way or another... This is annoying the hell out of me.

"I don't care!" I replied.

"Well, I can't leave so you can either go now or continue with your rant."

"I can't leave either..."

I sighed. I can't leave. What if Fuu-kun comes and I'm not here... I wouldn't want that to happen. Not having any choice, I just leaned on the board, hoping for something good to happen.

This guy seems to be waiting for someone as well. A couple of minutes pass and he started a conversation. I guess this is a bit better. Waiting for Fuu-kun is really making me anxious. At least I can talk my way out with all this waiting.

Some time passed and someone opened the door.

"I told you she'll-" He stopped when we both noticed who opened the door.

It was Miku saying,

"Nino, it's over..."

With that statement alone, I felt like everything is falling apart. My throat started to feel constricted. My heart feels like it just dropped, and my world shattered.

"Was is it something I did? Or was it something I didn't do? What did I miss? Wasn't I enough to be chosen? I tried my best... right? I confessed to him even though it was difficult to pull off! I know I'm not perfect but what do I lack? 

"Am I not worthy of being loved...?"

I tried my hardest to comprehend what was going on. I know at the back of my mind that this would happen. I know that there's a good chance I wouldn't be chosen but why? Why does it hurt so much? Why do I feel like I lost so much? It hurts so bad...

With all the thoughts in my mind, I can't help my tears from falling anymore. I ran to Miku. I gave her a hug and she hugged me back. I can hear her crying a bit as well as we were trying to comfort each other.

Feeling defeated, we both head outside the school building. I feel like I'm lost for words. While walking, I found the other two people who are really close to me. It was Ichika and her caring partner.

I ran to their comfort. They both just hugged me and Miku. We both cried our hearts out to them. Having both of them in our family feels like there's always someone who we can rely on. It still feels comforting to have someone you treat as an older sibling that you can count on.

After our emotions were a bit settled, I tried to reach for my pocket and found that my handkerchief was missing.

"Is something the matter?" Ichika asked.

"Huh? Yeah... I think I left something back at the classroom."

I got up from where I'm sitting and went back to the room I was waiting in earlier. I was drawing near the room when I saw someone from a distance. It was a girl standing in front of the exact same room I'm trying to go to.