(I) Chapter 12 - Circumstances

A/N: The last two chapters got real and for some, it was really dark. I completely understand how you guys feel. For anyone who needs to know, it was my way to put some depth to my original characters. I really wanted to showcase the way I write stories and sometimes, it gets way too real and might be triggering for some. (Just like what I did with Unwavering chapters 4 and 5) 

I really appreciate everyone who shares their thoughts on the story. Even though the outline is already finished, it helps me tweak the story a bit without compromising the whole plot. 

So keep the comments coming! <3

 I know it's all been about Fumia. But this is also part of the reason why I'm posting these chapters before the Regular "Stringed Mondays" so we can get right back to the story.

I wanted to give Fumia some spotlight because she's part of the main characters of the story. It might not be obvious but even before I started to post the very first chapter, I already liked her character based on the outline and I want to make it feel real as possible. 

These few chapters serves as her origin story. (That's about it. I don't want to spoil anything if I haven't already)

If you're still reading this story, thank you so much. 

So, if you're still okay with it, on with the story.

*************************************************************************

[Fumia's POV]

Years have passed and I'm already in my third year in High school. Everything is going okay as I hoped for it to be. I got some friends I can casually talk to, I'm still on top of the class rankings just like I was in middle school, and my mom's already awake.

The only thing now is that we're still shackled by Machido because of the expenses he paid for us be it Hanna's medication and treatment, the house, or the food we have. Machido decided to pay me for working on the club as well.

Years of being a waitress in his club had numbed my feeling when it comes to serving customers. There are still customers who do as they please from time to time but I learned to decline and stop them in a way that would still avoid me getting into trouble like what happened a few years back.

Maki had thought me how to still myself and always prepare for the worst. I guess, thanks to her, I'm still being saved by her if there really are rude customers. For the past few years, there have been students who left notes on my locker or sometimes asked me to go out with them. I always politely decline since I don't want them to be with someone like me.

"But I sometimes wonder what it feels like to be taken care of. How it feels to be protected, or maybe... Loved..."

"We need to elect this class' president for this year. Any nominations?" Our class advisor asked.

A couple of my classmates were nominated.

"Ma'am, how about Naruki-chan? She's a top student from last year. I bet she can handle being a president well." One of my classmates suggested.

After that, I heard my classmates talk about me in a positive way. Which I don't like. If I win as a president in the class, I will be tasked with things that might hinder me from coming home early.

"Huh? Me? I'm okay. Thank you for your kind words." I smiled as I tried my best not to be nominated.

"You can do it Naruki-chan!" some of my classmates cheered for me.

"Well, Naruki, it looks like your classmates are eager to have you nominated. I'll put your name here."

I wasn't able to reply anymore.