(III) Chapter 27 - Meet

[Nino's POV]

Time had passed and our classes are getting into it. Introductions are done, and it's now time to dive deeper into it. For the past week, I've got the chance to get closer to Namika since we spent the day together and even send text messages whenever we're able to. I was able to enjoy her company since I feel comfortable talking to her.

"I guess, having a new friend isn't that bad at all." I thought to myself.

"Looks like you forgot your contacts today, huh?" I wondered while Namika and I were walking along the halls of the Uni.

"Yeah" She chuckled while scratching the back of her head then continued, "I was really in a hurry so it felt like I didn't have enough time to put it on."

"I feel you. I guess, it's been a regular thing for me that's why I almost never forget it."

"By the way, I got this for you! I bought this from the trip I went at last weekend. I was always in a hurry that I only remember it now." She handed me a bracelet with a butterfly design on it.

"Thank you, Namika." I smiled at her. "I appreciate this. When I go for a trip, I'll promise to buy you one too."

"That's okay!" She exclaimed. "I just thought it would be nice to buy you one since you like butterflies. I think?"

"Yeah, thank you, really."

"No prob!"

We finally arrived at our class and students started to gather at their designated stations. Today would be the continuation of one of the first dishes we will learn for this class. We would need to prepare a Chicken Ballotine with a partner we chose. It's already a no-brainer for me to have Namika as my partner since she's the only one I've gotten close to.

The ingredients were already laid out in front of us and we waited for our instructor to give us a go signal to start. The one we did yesterday was already a practice for us. But now, we will be graded by the faculty members to check if we actually did it right.

We were only given an hour to finish the dish and it's a good thing that I have Namika as my partner since I'm already comfortable with her.

"Alright, I'll make do with the chicken and you can start melting the butter. Is that okay?" I asked Namika while I roll up my sleeves and start to focus on the work ahead.

"Sure is! I'll take care of it!" She exclaimed.

"Thanks, Namika."

I started to carefully remove the skin from the Chicken thighs in one piece using the sharpened knife we prepared yesterday before we left. While I was prepping the chicken, Namika started to preheat the oven to the right temperature and prepared everything that we'll need for later.

As for me, I was still deboning the chicken to make sure nothing is left. I carefully used my knife so I wouldn't be injured in the process since this requires some precision because we wouldn't want to have a failed attempt.

"I'm done with the preparations, you need help?" Namika wondered while I was finishing up.

"Yup!"

"Alright! Let me get those and you can prepare for the next step." She instructed.

"Got it."

I nodded and started to prepare the skin I removed from the chicken since it's what we'll use to cover the ingredients that Namika will put on the food processor.