(II) Chapter 17 - Fireworks

A/N: 
Featuring "Tracing that Dream Ballade Ver." by Yoasobi

********************************************************************

[Nino's POV]

It's already past seven in the evening and I can't seem to get any updates from either Takeji or Fumia. I tried to send Takeji a text but he wasn't replying. I didn't want to bother him since I don't want him to think that I'm rushing him or anything. He only told me that he'll meet with Fumia.

"What if both of them decided to date??"

"What if Takeji already chose Fumia...?"

"Would I be alone again...? Would I not be chosen once more...?"

"I mean... It already happened to me so it wouldn't be surprising anymore..."

"But I know it would still hurt..."

"Takeji... Where are you...? Please... Please be here..."

"If you do... I'll confess to you... I'll tell you what I really feel..."

I was already worried if Takeji will come since the Fireworks show will start in a bit. I took a seat on the bench so I can wait for him. I sent him a text to let him know where I was. It was a bench that was placed far from the crowd. I picked this place thinking it would be the best spot.

"The Fireworks show is about to start in a couple of minutes. Please do be mindful of your belongings while the show starts. Thank you and enjoy"

The announcement can be heard all around the place. Takeji still isn't replying. Minutes pass and still no signs of him. Everyone already gathered and taken their seats. I can already hear the announcer declaring the start of the show.

"The show will start in Three!"

"Two!"

"One!"

I can already see the first firework making its way up in the sky. The tension was coursing through my body. As I see the firework explode, my hopes of seeing Takeji went away as well. I stood up from my seat and sighed.

"Yeah... I guess he won't be here... I'm just gonna go home—"

"NINO!" 

I heard a voice. The voice that I was hoping to hear and the same voice that I was worried about not hearing tonight. 

"I'm here! I'm sorry!" I can see him running towards me.

My heart started to beat fast as I can hear the sound of the fireworks, the music, and the cheering of the crowd. I can see him. I can see the person I got head-over-heels for as much as I hate to admit it. The person that makes my heart race. 

The person I love.

"Dummy! Where have you been!? You're late!" I protested as he walks really close to me.

"I'm... I'm really sorry..." He replied while panting.

"That's it!? Sorry!? I was worried you know!?"