2

I'm now 11 years old and my mother still didn't came home, it became her routine to "sneak out" phones the day before or exactly on my birthday to greet me a happy birthday ofcourse.

She manage to provide for my studies that's why I'm still studying right now. She occasionally sends money to support me but what's strange about it is she can send me money but not letters and why is she being refrained to communicate with me?

I'm still worried for my mom after that conversation with her when I was turning 9 but I still can't do anything about it.

I'm turning 12 tomorrow but there's still no call and I shrugged if off because maybe she will just call me tomorrow.

Its morning now and its my birthday, still no calls. My uncle managed to give me a little party out of my mother's hard work but its not what I want, what I want is to hug my mom and be with her and that seems to be impossible right now.

Currently 2pm and my friends from school are starting to come.

Two of my close friends are with their mom or dad, Hyeju with her mom and Jinsoul with her dad.

I'm jealous of the scene but still can't do anything about it.

As time goes by, all the visitors arrived but the call that I was waiting for still didn't come not until I saw my uncle held his phone to his ears.

I grew excitement but it's strange because my uncle would smile when he's talking to my mom but this time he looked like he will broke into tears.

I asked him who was that and he said nothing but after that he told me to go on and eat with my visitors and he will just go somewhere.

I can't seem to eat not until Jinsoul tapped my shoulder, smiled at me and greeted me a happy birthday. She also told me to eat with her and that seems to calm me down.

At 5pm my uncle got home and announced that the party is over and he needs me to come with him.

I bid goodbye to everyone before being dragged by my uncle to the police station.

I roamed my eyes around and asked him why he brought me there.

One police officer came to us and introduced herself

"Hello I'm Police Officer Kwon Eunbi, I suppose you're Hyunjin right?" I nodded

"I still can't figure out how to tell this shocking news to you but there's no way to not hurt you"

I'm confused and I'm starting to think of negative things but I don't want to think of those so I shrugged it off and I just nodded for the officer to continue what she's saying.

" I'm sorry Hyunjin but we found your mom lifeless in the streets and we're still investigating how did this thing happened to her"

My world seems to stop no, my world seems to collapse and break into smaller pieces after hearing those words from the officer, my hands became cold and I can feel my tears run down my eyes.

All I can feel is sadness and anger because who would've killed my mom when she's the kindest, sweetest, and the prettiest person that I know and I suddenly remember that thud and voice that I heard when I talked to my mom on the phone and I became brave and told that to the officer resulting for the officer to ask me for an interview.

After the said interview, we got home and I still can't believe what just happen.

I can't eat, talk, or even walk at this point because I feel so weak and lost that my only family aside from the uncle is now gone forever and the fact that I last talked to that person is exactly a year ago and the last time I saw her is when I was 8 years old.

Days passed by, they caught my mom's boss and proceeded to interview him but with the lack of evidences and maybe because of him being so fucking rich, he didn't end up in jail.

That day when he was being interviewed, I was there glaring at him and when he knew that I am the child of the person that he killed he made his way to me and whispered "you can't do anything about it kid, you're just a loser like your mom and in fact, you can't beat a Jeon I'm rich and you're a trash" and that was the reason why I became sure that its him who did it to my mom and I know that one day, I will make him pay for it.