22

Hyunjin's POV

I felt so bad for Heejin and I finally understood the reason behind everything.

But it seems like she needs to understand me too.

She finally asked me the question for us to have mutual or same understanding of the things going on.

"Sorry, if you don't-" I cut her off

"It's fine. It's just that we're supposed to visit my uncle at the province tomorrow. I haven't seen him for years now since I didn't have the chance because my mom is busy with her work and I can't go alone since I don't know how."

I didn't tell her about visiting my real mom's grave since I only trust a few people about that and I don't know how to explain things.

"I'm really sorry, you can go there tomorrow! I can review by myself I promise!" she insisted

"I wanted to but I already told my mom that I have projects to do and Professor Kang seems to have her eyes on us."

"You lied to your mom?"

"Yeah, what do you want me to tell her? She'll get mad and will make her way here immediately if I told her everything. She's a police officer so she's quite brave. I don't want to disturb her so I just lied" I explained

She looks so guilty about it but I don't want to add pain to her physically painful body and in fact, I can visit to the province next time but she can't fight for herself.

"Hey it's fine, there's still next time for me"

"I'm really sorry Hyunjin"

"I told you it's fine, now let's get that 100 points for your exam on Monday!" I said to cheer her up even if that's not my work. I just feel bad for her.

"Hey I can't get a perfect score! Just 93 will be enough to save your perfect score right?" she replied, now with a smile.

"Fine, but can we just rest tonight and start reviewing tomorrow?"

"I told you, I can do it alone just do anything you want to do" she insisted once again.

"I'll help, period. End of conversation."

Third Person's POV

Both of them just used their phones and not bother to talk to each other since it still seems kind of awkward.

It's already night and they will have a few things to decide. First, food.

"What do you want to eat? I'll cook" Heejin finally broke the silence between the two of them.

"What do you have at your fridge?"

Heejin just went to the convenience store but it seems like she just bought snacks and forgot about real meals.

"Oh my god"

"Why?"

"I already went outside but I just bought snacks and forgot to buy actual meal" Heejin said with a weird smile and an embarrassing look at Hyunjin.

"Want to just eat at the cafeteria? I'm already starving so let's eat outside." Hyunjin suggested

Heejin nodded and ran to get her wallet because of Hyunjin saying that she's starving.

At the blink of an eye, Heejin is already at the door waiting for Hyunjin to stand up and follow her.

"I thought you're starving why aren't you moving?"

"Dumbass, your bruises are showing."

"Oh right, I'll just fix myself for a minute! I'll be back!"

Heejin ran to the bathroom to fix herself and to hide her bruises. She's so energetic and Hyunjin is the one who's being drained on behalf of her but Hyunjin can't even deny the fact that Heejin is most adorable when she's being clumsy.