18

Heejin's POV

Hyunjin and I are on the way back to our classroom but we're not beside each other.

She's walking faster than I am and I can understand why.

"Hyunjin!" I tried to approach her for the first time.

"Don't talk to me." she replied while walking faster.

"Hyunjin please"

She stopped walking and I sprinted to get beside her. I was about to talk when she suddenly looked at me in the eyes.

"Look, my words are not filtered when I'm upset so please just don't talk to me until I told you to do so."

"But I-"

"Just shut up! Please." Hyunjin said and left me alone this time.

I can't move because of what she just said. I understand where she's coming from and I really feel bad about it.

[Earlier]

She already told me that I failed, miserably.

I already expected it but I didn't expect what she said.

"Our school has a new policy. If you get less than 50% in any quarterly exams, the school will need to kick you out" she explained

I got shocked and I unconsciously stood up. I was about to cry in front of our professor but she calmed me down.

"Sit down, Heejin. You're not going to be kicked out. Your family gave a lot of donations in our school and we don't want to be ungrateful for that but that's not that easy, you need to take a whole new different exam next week, Monday and you cannot fail. This is an opportunity for you because if the other students are in your situation, they'll get kicked out as soon as possible."

After that, she made me stay in her office but I don't know why.

Someone entered the door but I can't even look up.

"I need to talk to you, Hyunjin." Professor Kang said that made me look up to Hyunjin

"About what matter Professor Kang?"

"Have a seat first, Hyunjin" Professor Kang said.

I don't really know why she called Hyunjin here, is it because she wanted me to feel bad because I didn't even get 50% of Hyunjin's score?

"Look, I really need your help now Hyunjin. You're a very smart and hardworking student" Professor Kang started and Hyunjin nod signaling her to continue.

"Now, I will need you to help Heejin to review for her exams."

Help who? Me?

"Sorry? What exactly do you want me to do Prof?" Hyunjin asked with a very confused face.

"Heejin will take a different exam on Monday because obviously she failed and I want you to help her study for her to get a passing grade"

"Prof, I can study on my own. I just got a low grade because of some unfortunate events." I said because I too find it unacceptable.

Hyunjin was about to talk too but we both got shushed by Ms. Kang.

"This may sound displeasing to the both of you but that's my order. You have classes for the whole week so please be with each other on Saturday and Sunday to review, I will keep my eyes on the both of you."

"But Prof I-" Hyunjin and I said in unison but got cut off.

"I'm not done yet."

"This may sound more displeasing but Heejin needs to get 93 and above and if not, Hyunjin's score will be affected too. If Heejin got 91 and got short by 2 points, Hyunjin's score will be 98 instead of 100. I'm doing this for you, Heejin to be motivated because you two seamed to be close. You don't want to mess Hyunjin's grades right?"