6

Heejin's POV

"Heejin!!!"

I heard a loud shout around me and yes that was my three "good" friends Gowon, Jungeun and Jiwoo. Vivi didn't bother to join them tho should I be thankful?

"Girl what? I almost burst my eardrums"

"Oh god, dramatic much?" Gowon said.

"You thought we didn't heard you earlier right?" Vivi finally spoke

"Heard what?"

"Cute" Jiwoo mocked me.

"Fuck forget it I was just, carried away?"

"By her cuteness?" Said Jungeun

"Shut up! As if you didn't find that Jung Jinsoul cute too huh I saw you almost jump out of your seat when Hyunjin said they're just friends"

"Wow what's this a reverse card? Don't change the topic!"

"Oh my god why are y'all so gay?" Gowon said.

"Stop you're just in denial shortie" Jiwoo teased.

"You're literally 1 cm taller than me?"

This group of friend is so chaotic and I can't stand them today because they keep pushing me to that Kim Hyunjin in class but I was just carried away that time because I like bread too.

Hyunjin's POV

After I got home I was welcomed with a warm hug by my "mom" Eunbi and I want to talk to her about opening the case again but what can I do? Its always the question what can I do, I'm so useless.

If only there's a witness in that crime, maybe my mom got her justice already.

I lied down to my bed because my mind is so exhausted and I'm also afraid that if that Jeon Heejin is really the child of the Jeon who killed my mom then maybe she's just like her father. I don't want anyone I love to be taken away from me again.

While I was deep in my thoughts staring at the ceiling, I heard a sound from my phone indicating someone sent me a message.

[𝙎𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙞𝙚<3]
Don't think too much!

Maybe she just have the same surname with that man. I know you're still mad and longing for the justice but let's not jump into conclusion. I also know Hyunie is afraid of what can happen when you're around Jeons but not all Jeon can be that bad and Heejin seems harmless too.

If you stop overthinking about those things then I will treat you bread and Iced Americano tomorrow!!

[𝙈𝙮 𝙃𝙮𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙚<3]
Thanks soul, I'll wait for my
food tomorrow then!

Maybe Jinsoul was right, maybe my classmate is not a child of my most hated man. I can't make assumptions about it so I just slept my worries away.

Heejin's POV (TW) Blood

"Heejin darling help me! she grabbed my hand while begging for help, I can see bloods all over her face dripping down the floor but she's getting dragged away from me. There was blood all over the place and when I looked at my hands, I have a knife. "Why do I have a knife? I didn't hurt her! I didn't kill her! I'm not the one who did it I just accidentally saw everything!"

"Heejin please I need to talk to my -------!!!" She shouted while she's getting dragged making her last word inaudible, after that I heard a loud scream in my ears saying "If you don't help me you'll be a monster too!"

"No!" It was a dream, no it was a nightmare. I woke up at the middle of the night because of what I just saw in my sleep.

"What if I also killed her soul because I didn't tell the police what I witnessed? Why do I have a knife in my dreams I didn't kill her!"

I'm now crying and all I feel is guilt because for years, I refused to be a witness about our maid's death that is done by my father.

I can't just sing my father to the police, he's the only one I have ever since mom left us and married another guy.

I may not feel my dad in this house but he's the one who gives me financial support to get whatever I want, I don't want to be ungrateful for everything that he has done for me and in fact I'm afraid that if I told the police about the incident, he may get out of it because he has many connections and if he knew that it was me who told the police everything, he might kill me too who knows?

I'm afraid but at the same time, my conscience is always bugging me and I never got out of these nightmares.