chapter 5

Charles' POV:
The date with Alex yesterday was amazing and I think she enjoyed it as much as I did. It felt kind of weird lying to her about my occupation, but I'm not ready to tell her just yet. We really connected yesterday and I hope we can continue. She's so sweet and fun to be around. I don't know how it will be not seeing her anymore.

Alex(andra)
Thanks again for yesterday.
Really enjoyed it.

Charles
So glad you enjoyed it.
It was really fun.

Alex(andra)
I wish I wasn't leaving today. I would have loved hanging out more with you.

Charles
Yeah me too.
Is there any chance we could meet up really fast before you leave.
I could drive you to the airport? My afternoon is free.

Alex(andra)
You really don't have to Charles.

Charles
But I want too Alex.
And I need to tell you something.

Alex(andra)
Okay
Pick me up at 2pm?

Charles
Yes
See you later ;)

I was actually really nervous to meet Alex today. I mean I would only drive her to the airport but still. I needed to tell her who I really was. I didn't want to lie to her. She needed to know who I really am.

-Are you actually still on your phone Charles? Who are you texting? Alex Albon asked as he walked past me for the second time this hour.

-What nothing, I answered him

Suddenly someone took my phone from my hands.

-Hey you can't do that! I exclaimed.

-Alexandra... wait is that the girl from the flight here Charles? He asked too excited.

-What no? I said defending myself. Okay yeah maybe ut is. I continued.

Then Lando and George walked up.

-Who is Alexandra? George asked.

-Is that your new girlfriend Charles? Lando asked.

-Just give me my phone back Alex, I said irritated. I started to walk away, leaving them behind.

-Wait no! Don't leave Charles, Alex said. You know we are just messing with you.

I stopped and turn around. All of them still had huge grins on their faces.

-Is this why you were gone last night? Lando asked suddenly.

-Yeah maybe. Will you leave me alone now? I asked them.

-Oh hell no, they all said at the same time.

Even if I didn't want to speak about my date with Alex last night I did. I told them about how we both like the same artists, how we laughed at everything the other said and how I could be myself with her. I mean yes they were joking and kind of bullying me, but they're my friends. After I had told them all about Alex I saw that it already was 1.15pm.

-I'm sorry guys I would have loved to tell you more about Alex but I have to leave, I said sarcastically.

-What could possibly be more important than telling us about Alex? George asked.

-Ohhhhh. You're going to see her aren't you? Alex Albon realized.

-Yeah so great talk guys see you later, was all said and then I left.

I heard them laughing behind me, but I didn't care. Also I didn't want to be late to pick you up. I said hi to some people I knew in the paddock on my way out. It was nice having the afternoon of since. Carlos was the only driver driving today during testing. As I got to my car I got in and started driving. I put on some Coldplay and started singing softly. It was nice that I already knew where to go because yesterday I was so lost.

As I pulled up on the driveway she exited the house. Perfect timing as yesterday. I got out of the car and walked up to her. I said hi and gave her a quick hug.

-Ready? I asked

Alex nodded and I took her her bags. I put her bags in the trunk and went around the car to open the door for her.

-Aww, Charles please you don't have too, she said shaking her head.

I got in the car on the other side and smiled at her. As I reversed out on the road I saw her looking at me.

-Oh my favorite, I said as Yellow by Coldplay started to play.

-Charles are you kidding me? This is my favorite Coldplay song too, she exclaimed.

We sat there in the car singing to the song and just enjoying the company. Everything was perfect. The view, the music and especially Alex.

-You wanted to talk about something? She asked and turned her head to me.

-Oh yeah, I said so nervous.

What if she wouldn't want to get to know me more after this? What if this changes everything? And what if she would get all fan girly?

-I'm actually not a mechanic for Ferrari, I admitted. I drive for them.

———