chapter 17

Charles' POV:
It was race day. Race day at the Jeddah Corniche Circuit. A track where everything could happen, good and bad. I was fifth on the grid for the evening. More ready than ever.

I had woken up this morning in bed with Alex in my arms. The smell of her hair and the warmth of her body against mine. I could really get use to this as a pre race ritual. We had eaten breakfast in bed and just cuddled the whole morning. I forced myself out of bed eventually. I went into the bathroom and splashed some water on my face to try to wake up. I was still really sleepy and all I could think of was getting back in the warm bed with Alex. While I was stuck in my thoughts I felt a warm pair of arms wrap around my torso.

-I was cold in the bed when you left, she said with a sleepy voice.

I turned around so I could hug her properly. I could hold her like this forever.

-I know I'm sorry, I started. I really have to wake up now and start to get going.

-Yea I know, Alex said looking up at me.

As she was looking at me like that with those kind eyes I decided to take a morning kiss. I was a slow but very passionate.

We started to get dressed, both of us did. I put on my usual Ferrari teamwear and a pair of black jeans. Alex put on a beautiful navy summer dress with a pair of sneakers.

-Oh Alex you are so beautiful, I said staring at her.

-Charles you look very hot in that red teamwear of yours, she said staring back.

We decided to take a fast lunch so that we could be at the track early. Then it wouldn't be as many people there either so it would be easier for Alex to get in. During the drive there Alex seemed more relaxed and that made me happy. She had seemed so stressed out about being in the paddock and sneaking around the first two days. Now though she seemed happy to be here.

I went first into the paddock that day and we had said that Alex would enter 10 minutes later. On my way to the motorhome I stopped and smiled for Kym Illman because I felt like posing this morning. He thanked me for it and I continued to the motorhome. There I was met by some of my engineers and other team members. I stopped and spoke to some of them quickly before going to my driver's room.

I sat down on the couch and took out my phone. I saw that I had gotten back notification on Instagram. Kym had already tagged me in his photo. I went to the photo, and it was a good one of me. I continued by reading his caption:

"A happy Charles Leclerc who this morning stopped for some photos. What he was this happy about I don't know, but I would be guessing it isn't due to yesterday's qualifying. He had  a chance on qualifying higher up the grid. Nice to see him happy anyhow."

As I had read though the caption Alex entered the room. She still looked happy and it hadn't  been that long so I guess she found her way here without any problem.

-Did I go well getting here? I asked as she came and sat down next to me and wrapped her arms around me.

-Yea it did, Alex started. There was some media but they didn't come up to me and I didn't get lost so that's always a plus.

-Oh yea? I said. Well that makes me happy. I have to go to a meeting in 30 minutes Should I ask Alex if Lily would want to meet up? I don't want you to be lonely.

-I mean yeah you could. But if she doesn't want to that's okay, she said.

I messaged Alex Albon and asked him. He must have been on his phone because it was a really fast answer. He said that Lily would love to hang out with Alex and said that she could be outside the Ferrari motorhome in 20 minutes.

The afternoon went by fast. The meeting did as well. When I got back Alex wasn't there to great me with a hug. It was great that she was hanging out with someone otherwise she would get lonely especially when we're hiding from the media. I started to change clothes as it started to get closer to the race. As I pulled my shirt of Alex entered the room.

-Oh this view I could get used to every time I enter this room, she said teasingly.

-Just come here, I said pulling her closer into a kiss.

We just stood there for a while kissing. Her hands were in my hair and my hand was on her jaw. It was amazing.

-Now that's something I could get used to before every race, I said when we parted. How did it go with Lily?

-It was great she's really nice, Alex said with enthusiasm. She even gave me her number in case there was something.

I continued getting dressed and gave Alex on last peck on the lips before I went of to the race.

-Be careful please and good luck Charles.

-I promise I will Alex. Don't worry.

Everything was ready for the race. I was ready. One last talk to the engineers and I was in the car lining up on the grid. I wanted to end the race higher than P5 and I knew I could. I got ready and focused.

It's lights out and away we go...

I pressed down the throttle as hard as I could. It was an okay start, but I couldn't overtake any of the cars infront of me. The race was mostly me following the cars infront. The top two had pulled away, but I still had a chance on finishing higher. I went to do my pitstop and it was okay. I didn't loose to many positions. I continued fighting to get back to my position and I made it. I continued following the cars, until a red flag showed up...

———