chapter 30

Today was Wednesday and the event night. Me and Charles had been looking for a dress for me all morning and had finally found something good. Well, Charles thought every dressed looked good, but I was more picky. We got back to his apartment and made some pasta for lunch.

The event would start at 5pm and we would have to be there pretty early. I didn't mind doing things like these with Charles. We would be telling everyone about us tomorrow and I would love to meet more of Charles's friends.

After we had eaten lunch I started getting ready. It was a fancy event so I wanted to look on point. I started doing my hair. The plan was to just curl it. I put on my singalong playlist and plugged in the curling iron. I stood there in his bathroom singing at the top of my lungs while curling my hair. I would always do this when I was getting ready. The hair didn't take that long so I could start on my make-up in time.

I did some make-up, but I didn't feel like overdoing it so I left it where I felt comfortable. Charles had been walking past the bathroom a couple of times whistling when he saw me. I started to blush everytime he did so.

Charles also joined me in the bathroom in the end trying to get ready, but himself he just seemed distracted by me. I laughed everytime I caught him staring, I loved this Charles.

We both got dressed in our outfits. Charles had a classic black tux and I had my white tight-fitting dress. Charles was wearing a black and silver masque and I had a white one. Now we were ready to rock this event.

We left his apartment to take a taxi to the place. It was already quite a few people there when we arrived. We started walking towards the entrance with our masques on. It was weird seeing so many dressed up people. Charles said hi to some people as we entered the building, but none that I knew.

-Hey Charles, this guy said arriving next to us. Who do you have with you?

-Oh this is Alex, my girlfriend. It felt good being presented as his girlfriend, I liked the sound of that.

-Hi I'm Max, he introduced himself. I drive for Red Bull.

-I'm Kelly, the girl on his side also introduced herself.

We talked for a while with them. They seemed like nice people and Kelly seemed like someone I could hang out with on race weekends. I liked the thought of having other people to be with in the paddock while Charles was occupied.

The large room was filled with masqued people. I mean it wasn't like I couldn't tell who some of them were. Like Carlos, but since I didn't really know anyone the masques didn't help. Charles had to go talk to some people so I just walked around trying to see if I could recognise someone. The venue was huge, I could have easily gotten lost there if it wasn't for someone recognizing me.

-You're Alex right? The masqued guy asked.

-Yeah that's right, I said looking a the guy with brown curls.

I didn't know who it was, but I assumed it was one of the driver or Charles's friends.

-I'm Lando and I drive for Mclaren, he said since he saw that I didn't know who he was. Did you like the hoodie?

-Wh- which hoodie? I asked confused. I hadn't met him so why would I have a hoodie of his?

-In Barcelona Charles asked me to go buy a hoodie for you since you guys... he explained.

-Oh yeah right that hoodie, I realized. You know I would have liked a red one, but at the time it was much needed so thanks.

Before Lando could answer me I could feel a hand on my shoulder.