chapter 9

After lunch we continued to walk around Monaco. Charles said that we had to walk over to his brother. He had said that his brother wanted help with something, so we were just going to make a quick stop there. I was kind of nervous meeting his brother, but it would be fun.

We got to a apartment not that far away from Charles'. We went up the stairs and stopped at a door. Charles got his keychain out and put a key in the lock. As he opened the door Charles screamed:

-Arthuuuuur!!!

-Oh la la Charles. Tu m'as fait peur! He screamed back. (You scared me)

I followed Charles in to the apartment and in to a room. There on the floor sat a guy who looked like an exact copy of Charles. He introduced himself as Arthur. Wow, they sound the same as well. Charles helped him with his simulator setup and at the time me and Arthur had a quick chat. He was very friendly and kind, just like Charles.

After that we walked back to Charles' apartment. We decided to watch a movie. We sat down in the couch and pressed play. At first we sat quite a bit apart from each other but slowly and surely though we were closer. I don't know when but after a while I was even laying on his chest.

The movie was very good even though I mostly thought about Charles' arm around my body. We sat a while after the film, just talking and enjoying each other's company. I looked out of the windows and saw that the sun was setting.

-Look outside, it's so beautiful. I said.

-Oh my god! I just got the best idea ever, Charles bursted out while standing up to look at me.

-What? I answered, really confused of why he wanted to leave me there on the couch.

-We have to go swim! Oh my god, I'm going to show you the best place ever.

-Sure, yeah that would be fun. I said more excited now.

We started putting on our bathing suits to have under our normal clothes. We took out some towels and packed a little bag with some food. Charles came up with the idea to have a picnic for dinner by the sea.

We got out of the apartment with all our things with us. We started walking down closer to the sea. Charles navigated through the city, a bit lost even though he have lived here his entire life.

The walk was longer than I had expected. He told me that he was going to show me the place of the locals and not the tourists. His and his family's special place. It felt nice knowing he liked me this much to take me to a place like that.

-Here we are, Charles said pointing with his hand.

It was a small beach surrounded by cliffs and trees. It was magical. Almost like a picture or even a painting.

-Wow, I said chocked and pleased with his choice.

We sat down our things and put out the big blanket for us to sit on. Not wanting to wait we quickly took off our normal clothes leaving us in bathing suits.

-First in the water wins! I screamed.

We both ran as fast as we could to be first. That was a thing we had in common, we were both very competitive.

-Ha! I got you, I won! I screamed to him, cheering for myself.

-Hey you cheated, you got a head start! he said jokingly with a grin on his face.

He came closer starting to splash water at me.

-Hey! What you doing! Stop it! I screamed while laughing as loud as I could.

We chased, splashing water on each other. He even picked me up to throw me in the water himself. I don't think that I have ever laughed that much in my entire life. We had so much fun.

Tired of all the chasing and splashing we decided on a time-out. We got up to our towels to wrap ourselves in them. We sat down on our blanket, looking out on the horizon.

We took out the food from the little cooling bag and started placing it out in front of us on the blanket. The food was really good. Maybe it was the sunset in front of us or the company. Maybe all of it. We sat there chatting and enjoying one of the best days of knowing each other so far.

After the food we had put our clothes back on since it started to get cold. The sun had set but we still continued to chat with each other.

-I just have to say Lex, you are the first person that I have ever taken to this place. It means a lot to me and so do you. I really like you, he said with a sweet and almost quiet voice.

-Oh, I really...really like you too and this place is amazing. Thanks for taking me here, I said watching his smile grow bigger.

We talked more about how we felt about each other and made the night even more perfect with a kiss. The kiss was even better than last time even though I always thought that it would be impossible. He really was perfect.

We ended the night stargazing, laying on the blanket close to each other. I taught him the names of some of the constellations. The great bear, Orion and of course my favourite: Cassiopeia. He decided it would be his favourite too, not biased at all of course.

It was really the perfect night. All I could ever dream of.

———