chapter 14

Charles' POV:

I was on my flight back from Bahrain. But I wasn't going back home. When I was talking to Pierre during the drivers parade he gave me a great idea. He told me that if I really liked her I should go and suprise her. He meant that she couldn't come with me everywhere and he was right.

So now I was on my way to a country I've never been in without knowing where to go and without having told Alex. I knew it was a risk not telling her but I really wanted to suprise her.

I had seen her Instagram and seen this one friend pop up multiple times. I realized before I stepped on the plane that I need to know where she lived. So I had DM:d her friend. She was a bit suspicious but after some convincing she had told me where Alex lived and that Alex usually is home 4:30pm. The flight was long, but I was really excited to suprise her.

Alex's POV:

I had just gotten home from school and I emidiately sat down to study. I put on some focus music and took out my computer. I continued to write on an essay I needed to turn in tomorrow. I didn't have that much left on it and hopefully I would get done today.

Suddenly I heard someone knock on my apartment door. I hadn't orded anything and I wasn't expecting someone. I walked over to the door and opened it.

-Ch- Charles? I said struggling to get out his name. What are you doing here? Weren't you in Bahrain for the race.

-You really don't anything about Formula One don't you he said laughing. Annnnd I'm surprising you.

I caught him between my arms and hugged him. We stood there for a while before we decided to actually enter my apartment.

-So what were you doing? He asked as he stepped further into the apartment and sat down on my couch.

-Oh I was just doing some schoolwork, I said as I sat next to him. But now we can do something else. I'm almost done.

-Ah yes? Is that right? He asked getting closer.

I nodded as he crashed his lips on mine. It was a passionate kiss. As we parted I pinched him on his arm.

-Ouch, why'd you do that! he shouted.

-Okey, you're real. I said to myself just before I bursted out laughing.

-Hey! he screamed trying to pinch me back.

He sat beside me while I finished my essay. It felt nice being in his presence again. I still couldn't believe how he would fly here for me, me. I had nearly lost hope when I flied home again after Monaco. All those nights crying just wanting to text or call him to tell him that I didn't care, that I just wanted him. But there was another side to it. I don't know if I can handle all this, his life. The paparazzi, the media and the fame. Why would it have to be this way.

I brushed off all the thoughts in my head. It was time to just be happy and to live in the moment. Now that he was here for me.

-Would you like to order some food? I asked as I closed my laptop. We could order some healthy food if you want.

-I don't know is there anything swedish we could order? He asked.

I got my phone and dialed the number to one of my favorite restaurants.

-Ja hej jag skulle vilja beställa två köttbulletallrikar? I asked. (Yes hi I would like to order two meatball plates)

As we waited for the food we started watching a movie. It was nice to be able to snuggle up against Charles again. He had a firm chest and strong arms which made me feel safe in his bosom. When the doorbell rang I didn't want to get up from Charles embrace. I got up though and paid for the food. Charles had gotten some plates from the kitchen when I got back.

The food smelled amazing as I put it down on the coffee table. I gave Charles one of the portions and started the movie again. The meatballs were as good as they looked and I ate all of them, kind of fast. Charles seemed to like them as well which made me happy.

-I'll take the plates to the kitchen, I said as I stood up.

-No please let me help you, Charles said taking his dishes from me.

Charles really was a gentleman and I really liked that about him.

I put my stuff in the dishwasher and showed him were he could put his stuff. I stopped by the kitchen faucet to wash my hands quickly as I decided to splash him. He had his back against me looking around my place so he wasn't ready. His reaction was priceless.

-Hey! He shouted. Oh I'm gonna get you.

I started running away trying to get away from Charles. I ran out to the living room rounding the couch. I decided to run back to the kitchen. Charles was following me not far away. I ran my fastest but it wasn't enough compared to someone like Charles who is really fit.

He put his hands on my waist which made me stop. He pushed me against the counter. I decided to be brave and I pushed my lips on his. It started slow but slowly became faster. I jumped on the counter so Charles wouldn't have to crunch down. His lips left mine and started wondering down my neck. He kissed my whole neck I could feel that he was leaving some marks. He looked back and me before meeting my lips again. We parted again both slightly out of breath. His lips were flushed and his hair was messy. I could get used to doing this with Charles.

We got back to the movie in the living room and cuddled up. It was a good movie, but all I really could thing about was Charles. This suprise was really well surprising and I loved this side of Charles. Could things even be better? I don't think so.

-Hey Alex? Charles asked. Would you go with me to Jeddah. I know everything is complicated, but we could sneak around an- and I would really like it if you were there with me.

-Charles, I started. Of course I will. I don't know if I can take the media, but I want to be there for you and I want to be honest with you. So yes I will come with you.

———